Nose and Bumper bar

collie

I tried to squeeze my nose cone onto the buggy last night, having already fitted the bumper I didn't want to remove it to squeeze the nose in.
To my surprise I couldn't get it past the bumper bar! Is there a method I should use or should I give up now and remove the bumper bar?
Won't this cause a problem at SVA time? Won't they need easy access?  ???

Phaeton

Staff member
Now I see my cunning plan come to fruition, i noticed this with MattBlack's when I fitted his, to get it back off you have to remove the lower suspension arm bolt. That is a right pig of a job to do, well actually getting it back is a pig. Sorry not that it will help you Alex but on the ones I made I made the bottom bracket with a bolt in it so the bumper can be removed & leave the bottom arm bolt in. Didn't fancy having to strip the front suspension down to change the battery.

If you trim up your nose cone & then get quite forceful & bend is slightly out of shape it 'might' go in, but risks damaging powder coat on bumper.

As to SVA not they don't need to go under there, they can see the battery is secure & there's nothing else of interest in there.

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":3u5363zz said:
Now I see my cunning plan come to fruition, i noticed this with MattBlack's when I fitted his, to get it back off you have to remove the lower suspension arm bolt. That is a right pig of a job to do, well actually getting it back is a pig. Sorry not that it will help you Alex but on the ones I made I made the bottom bracket with a bolt in it so the bumper can be removed & leave the bottom arm bolt in. Didn't fancy having to strip the front suspension down to change the battery.

If you trim up your nose cone & then get quite forceful & bend is slightly out of shape it 'might' go in, but risks damaging powder coat on bumper.

As to SVA not they don't need to go under there, they can see the battery is secure & there's nothing else of interest in there.

Alan...

Alan you legend!!!!!! I did wonder why the bottom bracket on the front bumper had seperate parts, and now i understand :D glad you did that as im fitting the nose cone this weekend and have already put the front bumper on!

Sorry Collie, that doesn't help you much............i will go back in my hole now!  ::)

Jason :p

collie

Actually guys this helps a lot! I will try to "sprag" the bottom arms apart slightly or cut down the fixing point to I can fabricate a mount.
Plenty to do as always!