Onyx Tomcat Ebay

Phaeton

Staff member
Damn I missed that frame, could have done with that £150 cheap a cheap thing that's bloody cheap.

The Black one is/was well made to a high standard, it should have been on the road except for the screw up of the DVLA, it might be a trek for you, but it would be worth it.

Alan...

250buggys

I think I will hold out for a freestyle that is already road registered Alan, not worried about condition- happy to pay more for good example or do the work needed & spend money where required. Will be less hassle for me in the long run. I am still kicking myself I missed wally s freestyle- that was more or less on my doorstep, they just don't seem to come up that often especially just down the road!!

I inquired about a red freestyle "sold now" orchard classics was tax exempt- no road tax each year sounds rather appealing- bet there aren't many of those about!

I am surprised that chassis didn't command a higher selling price- he listed it a month ago for £200 and no bids. I was tempted to drive down to Southampton just for the panels, i know the spares would be worth having.

Phaeton

Staff member
Which one Danny? the black one is, it's NW208's it's the one that came to Stoneleigh 2010, we sort of SVA'd it on the stand, found a few bits that needed doing, got him a few bits from the stalls & it was taken for SVA, it passed then he left it until March 2011 to register it, at which time DVLA told him he couldn't use the SVA certificate as they were all scrapped on 28th Dec 2010 & he would now have to IVA it. I think it was a kick in the gonad's & he never bothered.

Alan...

250buggys

looks like the engine is missing, other than that how much work do you think Alan it would need to get it through IVA now?

Phaeton

Staff member
From what I remember from the photos there are some panels missing, the engine was completely enclosed, as long as they come as well, or you can make some. It will need reversing lights & a method to switch them on, can be either a manual switch with tell-tale or depending how the gear-change has been mounted automatic from the stick. It will need specific places made to take number plates both fore & aft I believe, drop a PM to Lilspeed he's just got one through IVA he will be more up to date than I, I have only SVA'd

Then of course there is the cost, £590 plus a retest £95 which I think you have to factor in, but £750 for the buggy, engine & tests, still makes it attractive, although I wouldn't bother with an A series, but I am biased :)

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Yup thats the one... must have been 2009 stoneleigh as tgat is the only one I have missed in 12 years

excuse my typing I am using tapatalk :)