oops !! that dident end well

Phaeton

Staff member
Ouch, hope everybody was okay, that Micra was doing very well

Alan

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Mini Mad Max

Ouch! How fast was the impact? I hope the damage is easily repairable! How did you mount the camera? It was nice and smooth as if it was on a steady cam mount, considering how rough the ground was that you were driving on :)
Max

Baloo

hi Allan

yes l am fine, l had my belts on nice and tight, only thing damaged was the poor old buggy
it ripped the lower A arm tags open on the chassis and bent a wishbone, snapped a trackrod end
l dont know if it was supposed to break like that but the chassis/frame is undamged and l need a few new bits
even the bumper l made and mounted on flat strap to bend in a crash seems to have done its job as the flat strap
mounting brackets are "s" shapped

IMG_5941Medium.jpg

IMG_5940Medium.jpg

IMG_5939Medium.jpg

IMG_5942Medium.jpg

and yes the micra was going very well indeed, all in the name of research, l have been wanting to try a cvt gearbox in my buggy but
keep getting told "they wont take it" so some durability testing was called for ;D and boy do they go, even on road tyres it was flying round the wood

bit more vid here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE_G_FQG ... ature=plcp

Baloo

Mini Mad Max":24xch22n said:
Ouch! How fast was the impact? I hope the damage is easily repairable! How did you mount the camera? It was nice and smooth as if it was on a steady cam mount, considering how rough the ground was that you were driving on :)
Max

hello max
not sure on the speed but l was high in the revs in second gear trying to close up on that pesky micra that was getting away lol
there was a hump in the track where badgers had been digging and l failed to take enough notice of it and it launched me ::)

the camera is bolted straight to the roll cage so it should move with the bonnet in effect, l have always been impressed with the ride quality of this cheap chineese buggy
you can throw into corner and let the back come round and still"save" it and get straight again, when l build another buggy l am going to copy this chineese copy :eek:
in terms of layout just with a bigger engine and cvt gearbox

look at 1 min in in this vid you would think it was going right round http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnPg8-2B ... playnext=1

but no its gets back straight

Phaeton

Staff member
I fancy a CVT if I can get one cheap enough I might swap my manual out on the buggy it'll drop straight into the MGF subframe, just more electronics to break though

Good to hear no-one hurt.

Alan..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2