Over steer... too much of it...

Danny

Administrator
Got up today and headed to the garage to do a few little jobs...

Buggy wouldn't strt as I left the red key in and I think the dash drains the battery...

No probs jump pack and it fires into life....

Then wanted to tweak the display on my dash because there are sooooo many options on it that scrolling though is a head ache...

Had to plug the laptop in and what not and that was done.....

Decided to take the buggy round the block to see if the speedo still worked after my tweaking....

Up to a reasonably quiet roundabout and back...

1st lap of the roundabout the back was stepping nicely.. then came the second and it went wrong... ended up sideways accross the roundabout and then back on the tarmac...

Managed to hit the curb square and did not touch the brakes so the nose did not dip or scuff and my rad was saved... the pipes underneath survived....

Could have been a lot worst... managing to get up the curb an off the curb was the trick... had a little bit of control but ultimately I was just a passenger....

Looking bak I think my rear tyres are ever so slightly under inflated as ther is a lot of scuffing on the side walls which makes me think that make have been a big factor....

I broke the rule of driving before a show and some how I got away with it...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ChaosMS

Blimey lucky escape Danny, that could of been really painful !

I Broke part of mine this weekend too, coming out of Kendal loads of rough roads due to roadworks etc and snapped one of the wheel arch brackets (made from 5mm steel bar! - so re-designed all the front brackets and made new ones on sunday - they seem a lot better a lot less shake)

Rich

ChaosMS

Hi Danny sorry no mate - working :( - plus last night I found an alarming amount of drive shaft grease sat in the wheel hub adaptor which seems to have come from the cv joint but the boot looks good! - yet more tinkering required - Have an excellent time though!!

ChaosMS

IWantOne! - the brackets wouldn't fit the freestyle im afraid, but the principle would work - flat bar to get the shape and then cut tubing along its length and weld in place to add stiffness to it - worked like a charm!