Powder Coating

RichardG

At last - chassis has been stripped down and taken to the powder coaters. Delivered it this morning in the rain ! They are going to put it in the oven to dry it off and shot blast it before powder coating. Hope to collect it next weekend.

If they make a good job of it I will post their contact details for anyone else in the south midlands area who may be interested.

Richard

R1FREESTYLE

Nice one Richard, big milestone. Its always nice reassembling with the new paint/covering on a car.
See if you can find out what the maximum length car he can fit in the oven, mines a big longer than standard.
Not that I'm bragging! :)

Paul

RichardG

Paul,

There oven is 3 meters long so the Freestyle chasis will fit in easily. I have seen some of there work and quality looks good. I hope to collect it tommorow. Off to a track day in the Firefox on Saturday so will post some pictures etc on Sunday.

Richard

RichardG

:D :D :D got the chasis back from powder coating this afternoon. Wow what a transformation. Now we are on the home straight !!!! :D :D :D

Pictures on the blog : http://richfreestyle.blogspot.com/

Chasis was oven baked dry, shot blast and powder coated in satin black by a local engineering/fabrication company :

Phoenix Engineering
(Nick Clarke)
Unit 25 Honeybourne Ind estate
Weston Road
Honeybourne
Worcs
WR11 7QF
tel 01386 833630

Nick is very freindly and helpful and is a bit of a petrol head himself and has just finished building a bike powered single seater off road buggy that looks great fun. They have facilities for full range of tube bending and fabrication work and can offer normal selection of powder coating colours etc.

Quality of powder coating looks good and price was VERY competitive !!

Richard

R1FREESTYLE

Richard,
Looks great! Real milestone in the build, looks like you will be enjoying some of the summer evenings this year in the Freestyle. Thanks for the details, I will contact Nick for a price when my time comes......

Paul

Phaeton

Staff member
Richard,

That looks really good, now you just have to make sure you don't scratch it LOL.

Paul,

Just seen the pictures of your build on 4 wheels that is coming along fantastically.

Alan...