Proof of Build

Phaeton

Staff member
Just something I've come across on another forum & another forum member has experience of. The DVLA now need to proof that you have built the vehicle yourself, i.e. that it conforms to amateur build status. Not sure exactly what they want, but it looks like photos & receipts.

Alan...

iank

"Phaeton"":1c1r3o6w said:
Just something I've come across on another forum & another forum member has experience of. The DVLA now need to proof that you have built the vehicle yourself, i.e. that it conforms to amateur build status. Not sure exactly what they want, but it looks like photos & receipts.

Alan...

That would be RHoCar? If so it seems some SVA random tester demanded a photo diary - not the DVLA the poster doesn't seem to know the difference (dvla already require receipts).
As VOSA haven't put the requirement on their website or in the manual they will have trouble enforcing it if they try it on.

It's been discussed on Locostbuilders but with no real conclusion. While it makes sense to take some photos of the build along I don't have a cheap digital camera for the garage - the and the good one won't be out there.

Asbo

alan.....thats a luvvly pic you have on your profile,how does an idiot like me go about havin one?

Phaeton

Staff member
"wulliecosse"":1g2m9kuq said:
alan.....thats a luvvly pic you have on your profile,how does an idiot like me go about havin one?
Go into your profile from the top of the screen & scroll down to the bottom. You can then either link to one on another site or upload from your machine. There is a size limitation on it though.

Alan...