re: for sales rules

jason_l

Hi Alan,

Like the idea of the for sales rules! A few of the other clubs im on have proper templates for 'sale' items and the second anyone goes to add a new topic the template is embedded in the new post so people can just fill it out.

This is the template they use......

For sale:
Item Condition:
Price and price conditions:
Extra Info:
Pictures:
Contact Details:

If they don't stick to this template then the club deletes their post!

Jason :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny,

I like the idea, can you code this? So when somebody selects 'New Topic' in For Sale they get presented with this in the post?

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":14w0xywn said:
Danny,

I like the idea, can you code this? So when somebody selects 'New Topic' in For Sale they get presented with this in the post?

Alan...

I first found it on UK Starlet Club and i believe other clubs copied the template directly as it seems to work so well :D Most people stick to it and those that don't soon do when they realise their topic will be deleted if they don't :D

Jason :D

rusty gates

I found the new rules prevented me from listing my freestyle bits. :- I wanted to invite offers,including swaps. and don't have a photobucket account.
I understand they represent a best practice,but life is often different. :(

Phaeton

Staff member
Several option, Open a photobucket account they are free, doesn't have to be photobucket there are many free image hosting site, send them to me at [email protected] I'll host them on mine & post the links into your ads

As the big rat says "Simples"

Alan...

BRUC3

Also think you should 'open' the forum up a bit!

For example, make it so were allowed to sell things in the for sale section that is completly irrelevant to minis or cars for that fact!

Phaeton

Staff member
Bruce,

We don't have any restrictions on what can be sold, it's a For Sale section, so if it's For Sale put it in there, just follow the rules of what needs to be included.

Alan...