Real Long Shot!!!!!!!

jason_l

Hi All,

Me and my build buddy have been trying to get hold of buggy Dave for ages now with no luck. He was going to make us the pendulum pedal box and front and rear bumper bars but he is obviously been busy on other things.

We have the original pedal box but want the pendulum one and the bumper bars.

If anyone has any of these they are willing to part with then we have the cash waiting.

Or another option, if anyone has any of these that we can borrow (so we can get them fabricated) we will happily pay for postage to and from and also pay for the privilage of letting us borrow them.

Like i said its a real long shot i know but will really help us get the buggy through SVA.

Many Thanks,

Jason :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Jason,

I will be making my own front & rear bumpers over the next few weeks, not sure even of the design yet. Last buggy had Dave's on the rear & my own on the front (Dave wasn't doing a front at the time). If you like the look once finished then I'm sure we can come to an arrangement if nobody else pops up. As to the pedalbox, I'm going to SVA with the old style & then changing later.

Ala
n...

jason_l

Thanks for the info Alan, yes we will be very interested in these. im sure we can sort something out. :p

I think we are planning on going to SVA with the standard pedal box and hopefully change at a later date, just thought i would post up now!

Jason :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Jason,

Just looking into this these are the ones Dave did for Matt Black

The only problem I would have is bending the ends back (this has to be done for SVA) so may have to get somebody to do this, would you want 1 or 2 sets & is this design okay?

Should add this was my first front

But there is a lot more work involved & as it's lower it doesn't offer the SVA floor opt out that the other ones does. Although I still prefer the design.
Alan...

jason_l

Hi Alan,

Yes thats the ones we want, to be honest i prefer the buggy without them but want the sva floor opt out option. Let us know if you can do them, we just need one front and one back one.

I really like the design of your second one as well, oh and nice MR2 as well :) My bro has a MR2, currently at about 600bhp........but thats another storey!

I can get the bar ends bent in by someone this end if needed :)

Jason :p

jason_l

i think it goes something along the lines of......

If you have the front and rear bumper bar things installed at SVA then technically that level becomes the floor level, so anything that has a sharp edge below this level will not fail the SVA or something like that???

Phaeton

Staff member
jason_l":16060k07 said:
i think it goes something along the lines of......

If you have the front and rear bumper bar things installed at SVA then technically that level becomes the floor level, so anything that has a sharp edge below this level will not fail the SVA or something like that???
Almost, they have a 30 or 60 degree cone depends which way you want to look at it. Once that cone touches the bumper unless it's contactable by the cone it is deemed not contactable & doesn't have to conform to the 2.5mm rule. If you have the 2004 SVA draft manual it tries to explain it in Annex 2 of section 13.1 mine comes on page 157

Alan...