Rear subframe Mountings

Hello

As i havnt yet got a buggy i was wondering what the rear subframe mountings go to? do the frames bolt in using the same points as a mini?

Cheers Deano

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome aboard Deano,

Don't forgei what was the front subframe is now the rear subframe on a Freestyle. It bolts to the back of the chassis via a couple of holes which are through the subframe, these exist but no idea what they do in a Mini. There are also bolts which go into either the one single bolt at the top of the towers or the two bolts depending on your subframe. The two tanges that you would normally bolt to the floor of the Mini are cut-off as they are not required.

Alan...

Thanks peeps i coulnt remember seeing the back mounts so i thought they might have been chopped off :lol: Im getting those penny`s saved starting to look at rear disc setups.

esdebe

The lugs that used to be used to mount the subrame to the chasis (floor) are removed, I took an angle grinder to mine to remove them...

Simon

iank

"Deano Miniaddicts"":3peyhl36 said:
Thanks peeps i coulnt remember seeing the back mounts so i thought they might have been chopped off :lol: Im getting those penny`s saved starting to look at rear disc setups.

I've been told (but haven't investigated in detail yet) that calipers from a rover 200 and hubs from a metro will do the job. This may be a similar setup to the one used on the MGF.

funbuggydave

Yeah, Metro hubs and any of the 200/400/600/800 25/45 calipers is the way I'm heading with the K series version (when I get back to it)
May need to make a new dog bone mount to attach the caliper to the hum for correct spacing though
Dave