rear suspension

jayc2

Hi all,
just trying to finish the buggy of at the moment but dont seem to have uch rear suspension!
The front end is lovely and active, but the rear hardly moves even when i jump up and down on it (17 stone). All the arms are reconditioned and move freely the cones are original fronts with hi los fitted. Any ideas or is this normal

cheers in advance

Phaeton

Staff member
When I first built my first one, I had to strip & change the doughnuts not long after I got it on the road, I had refurbished all the other parts & they looked okay. But when I bought new ones & compared you could then see they had seen better days.

Alan...

Angel Boy

I think I read it on here somewhere, but try swapping the original rear rubber cones of the Mini in exchange for the front ones that came with the subframe when it was moved to the rear.

Andy

esdebe

I bought new cones as I have little movement at the back, but I still have little movement so I guess it is normal,

HolyCount

esdebe":2cvpligc said:
I bought new cones as I have little movement at the back, but I still have little movement so I guess it is normal,

I hear senakot is good for that  ;D  ( sorry - couldn't resist)

Mini Mad Max

Do you feel blooooaaaated? Then try activia 50 times a day and you will feel a difference straight away.
Disclaimer: This product may or may not make you feel a difference straight away
subhome.jpg

jayc2

Thanks guys, think i'll leave as is and try to get through the sva test first. seems like lack of movement at the back is normal unless you have a a large supply of laxative!!!!!!!!
do you think a 1380 engine would have a similar effect?

Buggybloke

On my Blitz 2, the rear suspension doesn't seem to have much in the way of uppy-downy movement, when I use it off-road, (probably down to it's mini road-biased suspension), I was wondering if it was possible to fit a Macpherson strut/shocker/coil spring, from a fiesta or something similar,...would this give me more travel?, and still provide safe on road handling?

sodbury

I drilled about 5no 12mm holes in my rubber cones to "distress" them a bit and make the rear more complient. Didn't make much difference though, still too hard.

sodbury

You used to be able to get some small coil springs that replace the rubber cones, I think they were available from MiniSport or Huddersfield Spares.