remote controle

ben waine

hey guys,
            i am wondering about getting a nitro eletric or petrol rc car (NOT INSTEAD OF BUGGY)
(i alredy have eletric)but i want to move up any recomdations

collie

I've had a nitro racing truck for ages which usually gets an airing a a few times a year, I broke the pull start the other week, but to be honest, that's the first major thing to go on it for some time.
It's a Team Associated (American you can guess).
If I was to buy again, I would definitely recommend something from this manufacturer and of course something you build yourself.
Nitro is the only way! Awesome speed and sound!  :D

collie

Well, I have performed zero maintenance on my nitro engine, it's just a .12 but it's bloomin quick!
I bought an RC10GT but I understand you can't get these any more since the model has evolved quite a bit since I bought it

Mini Mad Max

My cousin has a nitro rc car. IT'S MENTAL!!! You do have to be careful and try not to brake the steering by hitting into a big lump of frozen mud as my cousin kindly demonstrated to me-LOL. I don't know much about them apart from the fact that they are HUGE fun!
Max

ben waine

thanks also dose any 1 no about the 3 gear trans mission (on a rc) (do u seleect wile driving or at the start before you set off.....slow normal FAST!!!!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Only ever had 2 gears but it was automatic, you reached a certain speed & the gear changed.

Alan...

collie

Phaeton":1xsqzl8r said:
Only ever had 2 gears but it was automatic, you reached a certain speed & the gear changed.

Alan...
Yep Alan is right, mine has two gears too, it uses centrifugal force to throw the gear cog to the higher ratio.  All you need worry about is pointing and steering! That's if you can get it started eh Alan!  :eek:

Angel Boy

Not managed to get mine started since I ran it in and altered the fuel to full bore stuff rather then the run in stuff.  Tried going back to the run in stuff and still doesn't work   :mad:  Broke the pull start trying.  So have given up and got a buggy   ;)

Andy

collie

Angel Boy":3btga25k said:
Not managed to get mine started since I ran it in and altered the fuel to full bore stuff rather then the run in stuff.  Tried going back to the run in stuff and still doesn't work   :mad:  Broke the pull start trying.  So have given up and got a buggy   ;)

Andy
Hey Andy, I did the same with mine, diagnosed it as a faulty glow plug! Still, can't be as much fun as the buggy! :D

Angel Boy

collie":393zlzno said:
Hey Andy, I did the same with mine, diagnosed it as a faulty glow plug! Still, can't be as much fun as the buggy! :D

That's what I thought so I replaced it, only difference it made was that it now starts with the glow plug starter thing attached, as soon as you take it off it stalls.  I've tried changing the mixture ratio even the other screw that you are not meant to change, just won't hold it once I take the starter off.  If I was really bothered by it I would take it the model shop which is about two minutes from our front door, but if anyone has a moment of inspiration on what it might be, my 5 year old would greatful  :)  I much prefer playing with big boy engines that you can actually get you hands dirty on.

Andy

jerry

Hi,
Been into the RC stuff off and on since i was a nipper. Worked through the tamiya electric stuff onto nitro. Biggest pain in the arse going is nitro. far to tempermental. Got so pissed off with it that i went away from RC for around 10 years, but have come back big time.  i bought 1/5 scale petrol 2stroke cars made by FG. These are fantastic. Start first time everytime, without farting around with glowplugs. They will last 3/4 of an hour on a tank of fuel and do 60-70 mph all day. got so hooked on them i now have four cars( one racing truck and three off roaders). Wont ever go back to electric or nitro now ive got the petrol bug!

Jerry

collie

Seems like Petrol is the way forward Andy?
As for your nitro, with it cutting out when you remove your glow plug starter, it's one of two things, your nitro mixture is running too rich and flooding the engine, or more likely, you fitted another faulty glow plug.
I've done the same, brand new glow plug but dies when you remover the starter. Good luck!