Road trip

Angel Boy

Well, on Friday I'm flying down to London to pick up this:

3658311644_fa8cbdcc7b.jpg

I am buying back my Robin Hood from the guy I sold it too four years ago.  Turns out my good lady has an emotional attachment to it and would like it back.  So I'm on a 600 mile road trip stopping off at the A66 Friday night and continuing Saturday morning.  So if you see me, give me a wave.

Don't worry I'm still building my buggy (very slowly if I'm honest   :(  )

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
Are you coming up A1? Not supposed to be working Friday call in for a coffee as you pass if you want.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
oooh Robin hood!!

I am thinking if I return to the UK I might by a lotus 7 type thing so I can get my adrenalin fix without knackering my buggy!!

Also you can pic up them pretty cheap with thanks to the economy going tits!!

Danny

Angel Boy

My route looks like it'll be A1, A66, M6, M74, A9, A90.  I should be leaving the big smoke around 13:00 and my route planner tells me I'll be stopping off after 6 hours on the A66.  Me thinks it might be more 8 hours if you factor in good traffic and roadworks.  More if not.

Alan/Max - depending on progress I might take you up on them offers  ;D  If you can let me know the accuracy of your google map locations via PM and a contact number, I can let you know.

Andy

Angel Boy

We'll completely knackered, the misses is in tears of happyness but we are both home.  Stopped off to see Max (thanks for the glass of water) and failed to stop and see Alan (many apologies).  I got held up in London as some tunnel somewhere was out.  The car very nearly overheated (it was in the red on the gauge) and overnight I got tinitus.  So thanks for Max's Dad for some ear plugs.  Hopefully I'll get a decent nights sleep and now ringing.

I'm reading this back and it makes no sense at all, I'm off to bed and I'll edit when I'm awake.

Andy  zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz

Mini Mad Max

Haha, did the ear plugs help in the end then. I did notice how noisey it was :D Yesterday, loads of rally minis went past! You could hear the straight cut gears before you could hear the engine. Sounded like leaf blowers in the bottom of the village! ;D
It's good to know your wife is as happy as you are, hope you had a good journey back.
Max :D
PS. Thanks for the ride (robin hoods are good hair dryers!)

Asbo

Oh sh*te Andy!! I was up your way yesterday(to aberdeen),droppin off a Lambo Gallardo(to a bloke who also owns a Ariel Atom).....cudda had tea n toast at yours.lol. ::)

Angel Boy

wulliecosse":3q8bq4gp said:
Oh sh*te Andy!! I was up your way yesterday(to aberdeen),droppin off a Lambo Gallardo(to a bloke who also owns a Ariel Atom).....cudda had tea n toast at yours.lol. ::)

By all means, especially if it had been before you dropped the Gallardo off  ;)

Andy