Stronger Tie-bars?

Buggybloke

Are there any stronger tie-bars available commercially? as I use my buggy off-road, and I think my current ones look very slightly bent, at the forward ends....

esdebe

Having stronger tie bars just means that you move the deformation to another place,  I have some Uprated adjustable ones, mainly for the adjustable feature they pose, and when I had a little incident with a stump of a tree, it bent the place when it joins to the chassis instead.........

The standard tie bars are relatively cheep to replace so I'd stick with them unless you have gone adjustable to be able to change the castor / camber.

If however you are talking about the steering arms, then even 1" think pieces of steal will bend if you hit (have something hit you) something hard enough (DANNY).

Simon

Danny

Administrator
;)

I worry out the tie bars coming in the passenger compartment in an accident

Simon text me your reg I am making number plate tomorrow

Danny

Buggybloke

wow! that's cheap! £25 a pair!, ...I'll be getting me some very soon!...... just as soon as I've worked out why my front discs are binding/sticking.... probably ingress of sh*te after off-roading!

Lime&Orange

Standard ones are rubbish, I have minispares ones waiting to go on, as soon as I can afford the adjustable bottom arms to go with them.

The standard ones can bend if you hit a speed bump just a littlebit too fast  :-\