Sudging Calipers

Phaeton

Staff member
Target was to have Mr Bumble back on four wheels by the end of today, brakes bled so I could concentrate on the last bit of the handbrake, mounting lever & brackets for cables. So yesterday finished off rebuilding the hubs along with UJ shaft ends, discs, calipers, arch mounts & brake flexi's, got them all mounted onto the buggy. Got sidetracked this morning & fixed the front indicators to the arches & mounted the arches onto  the brackets. Then remembered about bleeding the brakes, so out came the ezi-bleed connected it up & started with the O/S/R then over to N/S/R, then came to the O/S/F only to see fluid coming out of the caliper, I put new pistons & seals in both calipers & must have nipped a seal in both as when I looked at the N/S/F there was a trace underneath that one as well. So in true British fashion I choose to ignore it & go do something else instead, right thinks fit the rear bulkhead, so off I goes get it only to find it's been bent the wrong way, the top bend comes into the buggy not over the chassis AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

So in the end I wired up the Acewell speedo full beam, indicators & hazards & gave up for today.

Alan...

iank

Phaeton":1xd7diou said:
fit the rear bulkhead, so off I goes get it only to find it's been bent the wrong way, the top bend comes into the buggy not over the chassis AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

Ah you've got one of "those" bulkhead panels.  I got one (knowingly) from Dave from a LHD car where the deal fell through.  Advice was either to bend it the other way, or use a length of steel strap to fix it.

Phaeton

Staff member
Don't think it will bend, so going to angry grind it off & fit it flush, does it actually need to lip over?

Alan...