The buzz about the hornet - discussion thread about my build

Mini Mad Max

Wow looks good. I have an idea of what it will look like when finished, and so far i'm liking the idea. The other thing is that you could construct a much better suspension set up on the front instead of mini bits and have it housed on the front there. Building my buggy, i've noticed what a bad front suspension setup the freestyle has for what i want :-\
When are you aiming to be finished?
Max :)

Angel Boy

Mini Mad Max":31g6ns0z said:
When are you aiming to be finished?

I haven't set a deadline as I can't always get the time on it.  If did I would just ut pressure on myself and start to not enjoy it.

Mini Mad Max":31g6ns0z said:
The other thing is that you could construct a much better suspension set up on the front instead of mini bits and have it housed on the front there.

That'll be something for the build post IVA I think.  I had a little bit of a think about it and you could fit double wishbones by picking up on the existing mounting holes and using rose joints so you could utilise the existing Mini hubs.  Coilovers could then be fitted and mounted on the 2" angle that connects the two bulks heads (the bit that kind of looks like it could act as a bump stop).  I haven't measured anyhting up so not sure what is possible though.

Andy

Angel Boy

LOL - erm..................... :-\  :-[

Work has been getting in the way a little (new job), but I just need to get my arse in gear and get myself motivated about it.  I'm at the stage I detest the most which is cleaning all the parts up.  I keep buying bits I know I'll need as and when they crop up.  The latest dilemma I have is what to do about the dash.  Do I go for some kind of fixed in dash panel arrangement or something else so any thoughts would be useful.

Also, the Hood has needed some work over the Summer so I have had to divert funds and time on it, the main issue was next doors bleeding cat was finding it nice, dry and comfy under the covers and was making a mess of the insides.  I've had to fit all the wet weather gear to keep the damn thing out.  It all isn't on properly yet, but at least the cat is being kept out!!!

I've got a weeks leave coming up in the not too distant future so I hope to crack on with stripping and painting then.

Keep kicking me up the arse as it gets me to do things!!!  ;D

Andy