These look like fun

jim600

offroad 68":1aatsypr said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Super-4-Off-Road-Buggies-Rotax-Engine-not-Rage-Buggy-Project-/170715421778?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27bf6e9c52

Just spoke to the chap selling them, very tempting as I already have 3 503 engines sitting here. No reverse fitted though, which is always a bit of a :-X

Might go have a look at them this weekend.

jim600

I'm not sure the 503s are going to be quick enough for the weight of the buggies. They must weigh double what a pilot sized buggy does, especially with a passenger.

Unfortunately any rotax/sled type motor bigger than the 503 is alot more expensive.

PS. The chap selling them has some honda pilot rear fenders/fairings if anyone needs a set ( I know they get cracked/broken occasionally) 8)

offroad 68

I would be interested in them, Please ask him what he wants for them and what condition they are in if you contact him again.
Thanks Lee.

jim600

Got these today, big ol' things - 2m wide!

Think I am going to keep 1 and strip the engine/drive from the other as spares and sell the rolling chassis if anyone is interested.

Need a bit of work but appear to have been built to a pretty high standard. :)

Offroad68 - the "fenders" are infact rear bumpers - I thought fenders meant the plastics/fairings but he has a pair of rear bumpers/bash bars - no plastics.

offroad 68

2 metres! thats the same as my comp safari buggy, will not tip over easily ;D The roll cage looks strong maybe it could pass scrutineering for comp safari without much work?

Not fussed about bumpers thanks, but thanks for asking.

jim600

I assume they would be way underpowered with the 503 engines though? Something I might look at once I've had a proper look at what condition they are in.

Came fitted with terratrip intercomms, brake bias adjusters, and electric start on the key - must have cost a fortune when new back in the 90s.

offroad 68

No doubt you would sell me the second one cheap as I posted them on here :D I have a honda jazz engine and cvt trans that would be good in one of them.

Then again please say no I am starting to fill up with buggys after a clear out a few months back.

jim600

offroad 68":39jj7u93 said:
No doubt you would sell me the second one cheap as I posted them on here :D I have a honda jazz engine and cvt trans that would be good in one of them.

Then again please say no I am starting to fill up with buggys after a clear out a few months back.

Once i've nicked the 503 engine out of it then itll be going up forsale. I've got no room to store the second one, I was looking today and there is loads of space behind the seats/firewall. the rotax looks tiny in there. Plenty of room for a bike/car engine I'd say.

I'll swap the rolling chassis for an 800 motor to put in the other one >:D :D

I'll get some pics of the chassis tomorrow once the engine is out 8)

jim600

Got them both stripped down, lots of new bearings/chains needed but the important bits are in good condition. Decided to hold onto the second one for now unless anyone is desperate for a roller. Will be stripped down completly and rebuilt over the winter.

jim600

offroad 68":3rymd9ir said:
They do look well built, What do they have for a steering rack? should be a fun rebuild.

Its a sprocket/chain setup run through pillow blocks.

Don't think they will take alot to rebuild, its finding some space to do it in, they are both 2m wide and 3.5m long, about double the size of my current buggy so 2 of them take up alot of room.