Throttle Cable

Keyz

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been covered but I can't seem to find it on the forum.

I've mounted my pedals using the pendulum style box and the standard Mini accelerator pedal, but because of where I have mounted the accelerator pedal, the cable will go through the bulkhead come out pretty much behind the suspension spring which obviously is a problem as I don't want them rubbing against each other if I can help it (and I'm pretty sure the SVA would have something to say about it too).

Have I missed something obvious or do I just need to move the pedal up a bit so the cable misses the spring?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

Angel Boy

Hi Rich,
I think the accelerator pedal is modified (bent) so the cable mounts where the metal trunking runs that you mount the steering rack too if that makes sense.  Well it did on mine before it was dismantled and as I have only ever seen mine part built I may not be the best person to advise, but I can see the logic of mounting it where it was.  Someone will be along shortly who will know for definate  ;D

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
Rich,

Been looking through my albums to see if I could find a picture with what you have concerns over, but the only couple I can find is

Which are not very good, but it does show how close the cable comes to the spring, I did actually think that the cable then came over the top of the aluminium nose not beneath it, so will check that when next in the garage.

On my last buggy I actually put a piece of 25x25 box under the pedal so it came in line with the clutch & the brake.

Alan...

esdebe

I had the same issue, had to move the accelerator pedal up until the cable would come out at the top of the bulk head.  If I was you I would just extned the rod on the pedal.

Like Alan said I too had to put a spacer behind the mount to make it more inline with the clutch / acellerator and to allow full movement without hitting the stearing rack.

Keyz

Cheers guys,

I have a piece of box behind the pedal as I too wasn't happy with where it sat. I think I'll see about bending the arm slightly or bolting a piece on to extend it.

Many Thanks for your insight!

On an unrelated note, what's that flat grey box you have mounted in the middle of your dash? Looks like some kind of radiator.

Rich

biddleboy

may these pictures might help
DSCF0289.jpg
DSCF0292.jpg
if not try my photo bucket http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp32 ... y26/buggy/

Asbo

i managed to get both outer and inner from an AA patrol up here who carried it in his van as stock. its about 15 feet long and was free.