Tie rod bushes

HolyCount

The tie rods for locking the old steering , supplied with the kit use a bush, which has persished on the old four seater being re-worked at the mo ......

Which bush is this ? Is it standard mini ? I thought it might be this one:

https://www.plminishop.com/view_product ... USH&page=4

But it doesn't look like the perished one that came out (and, unfortunately, was binned).

Or are they standard lower arm bushes ?? I have a feeling the pins were made from the ends of the lower arms --- but can't have a look cos the buggy is currently in a field being stored by a mate while I sort the donor out !!!!

Any ideas ???

Phaeton

Staff member
Kev,

Couple of options, for price of the postage & I will send you a set of the arms complete with bushes that came off Mr Bumble, not using them as they have limitations, you can't adjust the rear track correctly with them. Alternative is Tie-Rod which are better options, as they give full adjustment. Pictures of the new ones can be found Here

Alan...

HolyCount

Cheers Alan -- I do like those rods you made up -- are you still doing them ?  But for now, at least (trying to keep everything simple for SVA), was going to re-use the ones that came on the frame -- just need new bushes ..... which ones are they, and where's the best place to get them ?

Mini Mad Max

Hi alan,
        Do you still make them adjustable tie rods on the back for the tracking? If so how much moneys for a set?
Thanx, Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Cheers Alan -- I do like those rods you made up -- are you still doing them ?
Yep still doing the square bar ones £20 a set, you will have to provide your own rose bushes.
But for now, at least (trying to keep everything simple for SVA), was going to re-use the ones that came on the frame -- just need new bushes ..... which ones are they, and where's the best place to get them ?
Understand that not a problem, I don't know what bushes they are, but as I said I have a set of the bushes already fitted into a set of arms that you can have if you want. i took them off Me Bumble to put a set of adjustable ones on.

Alan...

HolyCount

Cheers Alan -- will go for Mr Bumbles old rods -- at least that gets them sorted for now. LMK damage and I will sort it out this end (assume I can use that nifty little pint pot).

Asbo

Alan,im needing these bushes for mine too...can you tell what they are please.cheers.

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry Wullie I don't know, Kev did PM me what they were but unfortunately I've deleted it, he should be along later to let you know though.

Alan...

HolyCount

The ones Dave gave me are Clayflex part number SAB935. Apparently TR6, front, lower wishbone, inner bush.

I think I have found a supplier -- waiting on an email -- will let you know the result !!!  Not easy to find !!!!!

Asbo

cheers lads. my local supplier of all things hard to get was stumped when he tried to find it. he suggested modifying pug 407 rear drop links,but they are a bit flimsy and a high speed failure could result in a nasty. over to you again matey. ;)

HolyCount

OK -- the SAB 935's come in at £2.01 each plus postage. Minimum purchase is 6, on which P&P will be £4.11 ( where do they get these odd pence figures from ???? ). So, as near as makes no difference £2.70 each to my door.

Postage on a pair would be £1.08 2nd class standard to repost out.

Anybody interested ???

Angel Boy

Best get some, so count me in for however many iI need to make up the complete set  ???  Let me know how much.

Andy

HolyCount

Angel Boy":3mvi48tq said:
Best get some, so count me in for however many iI need to make up the complete set   ???  Let me know how much.

Andy

AFAIK it's just the two at the rear on the tie rods ( don't think they pop up anywhere else).

So a pair would set you back what it cost me ....... £6.48 delivered.

If we end up getting more than 6 in total the postage to me might drop by a few pence, so hang fire on payment and we'll see how many want them over the next few days or so.

HolyCount

Mini Mad Max":1e8he9fn said:
I'm interested, so if we don't do a group buy could you show me where to get them from please?
Thanks kev :D
Max

We already have the minimum 6 required for a group buy, Max ( cos I want a pair too !). So will definitely be getting them in ( probably get a few extra too (just in case !)

Anymore for anymore ?