to say hello and find some where to take off road

swifthalf

hi to all on here i just brought a second hand blitz 2 with 1275 lump and im looking for the nearist place to take it offroad as its not reged and looking at only off road us im based in birmingham but dont mind travaling around 50 miles im looking for pay n play days or tracks any help would be great cheers swifty

swifthalf

a bit pricey lol but thanks im looking for some where on a regular basis and a bit cheaper do you know if conney green farm still does days i used to do enduro up there years ago and he used to do 4x4 days but cant find the phone number for them

Phaeton

Staff member
Is that what was also known as Tom's farm? If so it got closed down, the owner put in prison & then he died 2 days after being released.

Alan...

swifthalf

no i know that toms i gone used to go there years ago. conney green is by stourport on seven used to hold 4x4 playdays and some rounds of the national enduro series i think im going to just have a drive up and see if he still does anything would any one else be interested in a meet up there if i can sort a day out as i know he used to hire it out for club 4x4 days he may not do pay and play but may possably do a club day for us i will link some vids of the place and go and see him over the weekend if there is enough interest .

Steve

Hi
Not sure if this place still does arrive and drive but if it does it is located just outside Stratford. Just off the Stratford Road by Bearley Railway Station, turn next to the Golden Cross Pub and its about 1 mile down that road on the right. If you look on Google Earth at the following coordinates you should see the track.  Lat 52°14'46.24"N  Long 1°46'30.98"W
Hope it helps
Steve

swifthalf

cheers steve had a search on the net all i can find  is a vid on youtube from 2008 may be a case of going and knocking the door so to speak are you local  mate and whats your buggy

jim600

conney green farm are still going I think - but only for clubs was the last I heard - which is a shame as they are also only 5 mins down the road from me. How wide is your blitz - if it's under 1.5m your welcome to try our track. Any wider and itll get stuck between the trees  :(

swifthalf

i meter 4 lol at the mo but tryed it out today and it keeps riping a tyre off so im looking for some more rims n tyres but would most def like to come over when its sorted and thanks very much for the offer what buggy do you have

smokey2010

Hi if you guys are you local then? I'll come for a run with you guys if you don't mind I live ashby de la zouch,I know there's a place called forest view 4x4 near measham but not sure how big or rough the ground is,I'm also looking for somewhere regular to use   

swifthalf

this sounds like a good idea we need a list of members who want to meet and some idea with links of some  where to go
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D if we can get a good few numbers i could go to conney green and see how much he would charge

UKCOMMANDER

We are thinking of going green laming in Wales next weekend,
Camping ect.
Also we are at mallory park on this sat if you up for it

Danny

Administrator
yeah steves local...lol he prefers hedges to fields though....lol

Danny

PS see the wales trip :) thread :)

CAW

Hi John,

Any chance of a look see at the vids mate.........pretty please!, are they on ytube or something. Had a grand day in the Lakes laning, so be good to see what I missed ;)

Andy

smokey2010

Hi no not seen them where can I find them?this sites a bit anyhow at the minute but i think there are having a revamp with places to put your ids and pics and stuff,anyway good day?Tim had a few problems he said.....rushing to get his buggy back together left a few bolt lose[ftp=ftp://] :eek:[/ftp]got the test date back the 30th so hopefully pick it up the next day.Dan keeps ringing with loads of events in the pipeline so counting the days carnt wait! ;D