Trials Prepared Freestyle Rebuild

sodbury

I need some help.

My buggy has been parked up for about 3 years while I've been working away and doing other things (MX5 track days).
I've recently got the bug again to do some classic trials in her again. The engine (MG Metro) is I think knackered from the frost as it drops oil and water an sounded awful when it started.

I don't have the time or technical ability to do the work myself, so is there any one out there who can help?

Radar

hi welcome to the forum, your very FIRST post is a BIG ASK !

etiquitte is a wonderful word :)

perhaps you could expand a little on what exactly you mean by "help" ????

Radar

sodbury

Hi radar,

thanks for the reply. I first posted back in 2009,when my freestyle was still running, but couldn't remember my login, so had to set up again. :-[

I'm looking for someone in the Bristol area who could swap the engine over if it's knackered, or maybe rebuild it. All the guys I know make all their money on quick MOTs and servicing.

It is a big ask I know, but not sure where else to go at the moment. :(

Oh - and I'm in the market for a 1275 engine, does any one have one knocking about?

I might consider sticking on a K series any comments about alternative engine choices?? ;)

sodbury

Hi forum members,

sorry to have come in with a bit of a big problem :-[ ,
my last contact was back in 2009 about windscreens and wipers.
Great advice was given so thought I'd try again.

Any mechanics in Bristol area who like Freestyles / Minis / kitcars or classic trials?

Radar

Sodbury I think there are some guys over your end called "Rat racing" they did some work on a buggy I know not sure if they do ALL the stuff you need and not sure if they are even still around it was about 4 years ago that my mate last used them . Failing that maybe someone on the forum might have a better suggestion .

Radar

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

I am sure you would be capable of an engine change :) If I can do it then I am sure you are more than capable :)

Danny

sodbury

thanks for your confidence danny.
Interestingly when the present engine went in I had the horizontal bar cut out so that the engine could be dropped straight in from above.
The ends of the bar are flat plated and bolted back in position. I'll post up a photo if I knew how! :)

Phaeton

Staff member
If you were a bit closer I'd consider offering to help, but normally 200 miles away, however currently 5K away

Alan...

Post left via Tapatalk glad it's not an Apple GayPhone