Tyre Pressures

Phaeton

Staff member
Guys,

What tyre pressures does everybody run, even after tracking still getting a bit of rear steeeing just wondered if any could be down to tyre pressure.

Alan...

iank

Could the problem be down to uneven springing at the back if one of your cones is knackered?

Phaeton

Staff member
"iank"":ox0rb54n said:
Could the problem be down to uneven springing at the back if one of your cones is knackered?
That's also a possibility hence my other post.

Alan..

snowstar

Hiya Alan,

Those pressures are for road use, when we are trialing we only lower the back pressures to 15 psi, the front are so low to gain grip especially when brakeing otherwise the front wheels lock up as i'm running with drilled and grooved disc's and performance pads on the front. Plus due to the exagerated camber angle (due to wheel diameter) i'm useing the whole width of the tyre tread and to ensure the tyre temperature is kept even accross the tread 10psi is enough to keep the tread flat on the road and the last reason is due to the front of the buggy being so light! hope this helps.

Christine & Lee

snowstar

Hi Allen
Lee said did you have the wheels tracked as all four or did they just track them in pairs ? when they did ours they tracked the front and rear on one side as a start point then tracked both front then the side's and then the rear also when they tracked the rear they reversed the gauges and recalculated the settings for this then they double checked everything and made neccessary adjustments since having that done the buggy drives very well.

Cheers

Christine & Lee

Phaeton

Staff member
It was a computer controlled system, a unit was put on each wheel which had a wireless transmitter on. All four wheels were then aligned to a virtual centerline.

Alan...

jerry

Hi

I run mine at 14psi front, and 16psi rear. Go too low and you'll shag the sidewalls( did that on a set of Colway rally plus's). Go too high and the handling becomes skittish.

Phaeton

Staff member
Came down to 10/22 front/rear respectively & it has made a difference, just completed a 130 mile round trip over the hills to Congleton & back. Felt a lot better but still had a couple of moments but not on the brown trouser scale this time.

I'll try yours tomorrow Jerry, got another 100+ mile run planned for tomorrow evening.

Alan...