Wales Buggy Run July 2017

Phaeton

Staff member
So a couple of decisions were made over a couple of beers (although evidence suggested more) they have decided that Crickhowell will be given a rest this year & the format is changing.

Rather than moving along each day we're going to try the format of camping up for the 3 nights & venturing out in a different direction each day.

The new central campsite will be in the Elan Valley, http://elanoaks.co.uk/index.php (To be confirmed) there was also talk of water sports (No not that kind) but a canoe/kayak float/paddle/turnover down one of the rivers/stream/rapids. As one of the older members has also suddenly decided on a health kick & discovered he can still ride his bike (No not that kind of bike, a real one where blue pills are not required), there may also be an option to bring your mountain bike & go out for a ride in the evenings (optional Danny)

So current runners & riders are

Danny
Steve
Simon (Esdebe)
Justin (Lilspeed)
Moi

Any other takers?

Just looked back & found this posted by Mini Mad Max » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:08 pm
Mini Mad Max":1xhli4er said:
Same, if buggy isn't built i'll gladly co-drive lol, but if it is i will see if i can drag dad along :D
But after nearly 8 years it's still not ready!

Danny

Administrator
Lets see what the weather isd and how wet we want to get :D

I will have the drone with me so will see what footage we can get :D

Lilspeed

Me too!! Maybe that's because I don't know what I've let myself in for though. :D :D

Preparations are going fairly well. Can't be sure whether everything fits in the buggy yet - I'll be surprised if I'm not travelling with something on my lap!!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Lilspeed":33zeyc3l said:
I'll be surprised if I'm not travelling with something on my lap!!!
You're taking too much stuff then, I've taken so much stuff over the last 7 years that have never been used I'm bringing nothing this year, I know it's the back of beyond, but if we need anything we'll go find somewhere that sells it.

Lilspeed

I don't have pannier boxes though!! :-\

I'm used to travelling fairly light from my continental Mini trips, but this will be next level for me!