WANTED a sva'd buggy

Radar

Cheap is a relative term perhaps you might want to share your budget ? so that members and guests can judge whether it is realistic for what you want ....

Regards

Pete

collie

Also consider that Freestyles that are actually for sale are as rare as rocking horse poop!  :-\

Angel Boy

cairney":25jwrblb said:
i want a cheap sva'd buggy

Ah, we all dream of owning one of these one day.  Good look with your search though, they do occasionally turn up on eBay and here.  Stick around in the interim though as you might be able to help answer some of questions we have.

Andy

Danny

Administrator
thats a fairly good budget to be honest.... 1500 would make it a bit easier but in the current climate you should find something

Danny

hmalan

Might be just me but I think £1k for an SVA'd buggy is too low, particularly now that the cost of IVA is over half of this

Or is it just me?

Alan

biddleboy

no alan i agree 1k is a bit low i payed 2k for mine with no sva had to retest it but you could say it was pretty much finished though and now it is iva and alot more expensive its probley going to be tight to get one on the road under 1 half grand

HolyCount

I would say 2K was the minimum for an up together, road legal, freestyle.  1K, or a little less, could get you a smashed up, previously registered, example to rebuild ---- depending on what it came with. But I think you would get trampled in the rush (with me at the front!!!)  :eek: ::)

jason_l

HolyCount":2i57ltw8 said:
I would say 2K was the minimum for an up together, road legal, freestyle.  1K, or a little less, could get you a smashed up, previously registered, example to rebuild ---- depending on what it came with. But I think you would get trampled in the rush (with me at the front!!!)  :eek: ::)
i think you have enough freestyle's  :D :D :D

HolyCount

jason_l":3u1pr2in said:
HolyCount":3u1pr2in said:
i think you have enough freestyle's  :D :D :D

bleh !!!  :p

biddleboy

well kev i think i would be in that wacky race aswell for a freestyle as its best to have to many than not enough  :D

Steve

There are sometimes other types of Buggies about. Alan what about that Skoda based kit you had? How much do they work out?

Phaeton

Staff member
The last one that was on ebay a few weeks ago failed to meet reserve at about £250 I think, you could easily modify that one to put any engine you wanted in very easily, IF you didn't want to go the Skoda route.

Alan...

JAMIE B.

Given the freestyle is going to be so hard to get through the IVA and the fact that it is such a unique vehicle, I think we should be commanding far higher prices for something that is registed.
Given the heartache and grief of getting one road registered, my personal opinion is a rough example that is registeded we should be asking £2000 - £3000 and well built minters should make much more.
Bear in mind the sva kit was just under 2 grand with the extras.
Having said that, an unfinished kit isn't going to be worth much until its registered.

Just my 2p's worth, I just feel we are selling ourselves short considering how hard its going to be to register one.

(Sorry Cairney)

Jamie

jason_l

JAMIE B.":36iey4h1 said:
Given the freestyle is going to be so hard to get through the IVA and the fact that it is such a unique vehicle, I think we should be commanding far higher prices for something that is registed.
Given the heartache and grief of getting one road registered, my personal opinion is a rough example that is registeded we should be asking £2000 - £3000 and well built minters should make much more.
Bear in mind the sva kit was just under 2 grand with the extras.
Having said that, an unfinished kit isn't going to be worth much until its registered.

Just my 2p's worth, I just feel we are selling ourselves short considering how hard its going to be to register one.

(Sorry Cairney)

Jamie

Yours should be worth about £10k then!  :D

Completely agree with you Jamie, i would like to think they are worth more. Especially with the IVA situation now!

I know that when mine is done and registered im not planning on selling it. But if i do i will be looking for £4-5k!!!! There will be somebody out there that will pay that for it  :eek: ;D

Jason :p

RichardG

I guess its basic supply and demand. If there are none for sale and several people want one the price is going to get higher, problem I see is that demand is not as high as we might think.  I had mine up for sale for 6 months. I only advertised it on this site and dropped the price from £3250 to £2500 but still only had 2-3 enquiries.

In the end I decided to keep it as it was clearly worth more to me than anyone else. Still if someone offered me £2500 I would probably take it.

Richard

Radar

I gotta say on sale  prices you are right.
Mine was up for 4k svad and very well built I think.
I did not pay that but was not a million miles away but lets say anything sub 4 grand ? well finished and reliable etc what can you really buy for 3-4 k that puts the same kinda smile on your face is cheap to run /repair tax and insure and engines that are modifiable forever with the back up of the mini scene aftermarket etc.??

Another relevant point is some owners are on what seems like a very tight budget when they build and just want the minium outlay financially to get their cars on the road so they can have some fun etc and then treat them as fun cars to be used to the max off road etc and as a reult the fit and finish etc is not as important to them as they know the car is going to be heavily abused anyway etc..this I think effects the overall perception of funbuggies when people see them as they dont always see the better examples that have had more money time and effort lavished on them. These "rougher " cars are probably the purest of funbuggies around really as they are doing exactly what they were intended for cheap CHEAP fun and much heavy abuse/use in environments a lot of kit car builders would not dream of taking their builds to !. However the look and finish does effect the brand image if you like because of the type of vehicle they are and the purest of uses some members put them to.

By the time you have bought the kit and all the components and put it thru sva etc and finished it to a good or excellent standard it's gotta be worth that kind of money (3-4k)even without labour and build time  coming in to the equation. So for those that dont have the time or inclination to build it really makes sense to buy built and svad if possible. It s not like you lose a ton financially like a regular road car buy that new and take it back the next day to the dealer and see what its worth then !!  I will be selling mine in due course I always do (had a few different kits in my time ) And I would like only my money back which is a fair proposition considering I am in the throes of spending more money on it with engine and cooling tweaks ...to solve the hot running problem.

Apart from that I think they are a good looking car with lots going for the design and will only get rarer since I dont think anymore kits will be produced by the chap who started it all ..at least not for the forseeable future if not forever...

thats my 2 cents worth ...

Pete