wanted

esdebe

Dave makes them, not sure if he has any allready made. The one I made uses a Dog Guard available from Halfords and takes about 1 hour to make / put on the car but isn't designed to withsand any impact, just gets you through the SVA.

If you want to make one you need the aformentioned Dog Guard (this is actualy sold as an extension to their dog guard costas around £20) you then need two lenghts of tube about 30 cm long and 15mm diamiter, then you need to weld a flat metal strip the the end of the tube about 2 cm wide and 7 cm long (this is to fasten one end of the tube to the bulkhead you will need to drill a couple of holes and use some 6M bolts, look in B&Q they sell some metal braces that are powder coated. You could even get away without needing to weld by using some chemical metal as the weekest part in a crash is the aluminium.... The other end of the tube needs to be welded / stuck with Chemical Metal to the dog guard. Finaly cap off the holes in teh dog guard with some nut covers,

I also drilled and rivited the guard to the size i needed

Phaeton

Staff member
As Simon sats Dave makes these,
Fitted to MattBlack's Bugggy
I also made mine is a slightly different way to Simon's. Because it needs to be removable to get to the battery I drilled out 2 spare top arm bearing oval plates so they would go over the nut. I then welded short pieces of tube onto the plate.These were extended to the required length by pieces that fitted inside, then I made a double bar bumper, it was pretty heavy stuff made out of steel waterpipe. Just remember thhat any radius has to be at least 2.5mm & I'm fairly sure but somebody will confirm it has to be swept back at the ends. Only other thing I would says is mine was a little low, I think good asthetically but would have been better slightly higher for the SVA

Mounting Bracket
Bumper in place
First fixing]
First part without ends

Alan...

jason_l

Dave currently doesn't have any in stock, we phoned him a few weeks ago and gave the order for a set to be made up, takes 4-6 weeks, although we did order the pendulum pedal box also.

If you need them sooner than later its best to speak to Dave now!

Jason :p