what is the best and fast road legal 2 seater buggy

Todd2989

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of getting a road legal buggy, something with some power 70mph+ on road, and good build quality.
A two seater buggy, all I have come across is Superbyke Traveller RRi 1100cc and joyner 650
Any feedback would be greatful and any links to websites. thanks.

cheers.

swifthalf

blitz buggy dont go for china made but i have a blitz so may be a bit leaning to ward the blitz quit fast with a 1275 lump in allso do one now with a k series lump

swifthalf

rage is sick but lots of pennys but if that is no probs then rage all way look at rage overtake on youtube sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martyn t

Pretty new to the buggy world myself. Had bikes on the road in the past, but reluctant to continue on two wheels (from a safety point of view) and considering 4 instead. Still want something to give a similar buzz factor, wind in your face etc. The rage would definately win hands down but unfortunately they seem to start at £10k in the second hand market and double that new! Any ideas on the next best thing in terms of performance, I too am looking for something that would be comforatble at speeds of 80mph for dual carraige ways and plenty of grunt for the country lanes. Is there anybody out there with some experience on the Traveller RRI or Dazon 1100's? There seems to be some interesting options from canada and the states but can't find any uk dealers again any ideas?
Martyn

Danny

Administrator
I think anything can be made to go quick... Mine is pretty quick...

Depends on what you want to spend?

Danny

robbie2red

Hi, I have a traveller. I stuck a 1.3 suzuki swift engine in it with an auto box. It happily cruises at 70mph. My mate has the standard traveller 1.1 but it struggles a bit past 50mph i think he said, he's had more but won't cruise much past 50-55mph. Think if your going for a car engine I'd put a 1300 in it at least! Mine cruises at 70mph but had 94mph out of it on a downhill, would've done more, but I couldn't breathe or see! :)

Will put some newer pics up of mine soon, putting some more spots on, on tuesday, so will put them up after that.

Buggybloke

I had 98mph (as shown by say-nav), in my Blitz2, on a private road! It's got a 80k odd miles stage 1 tuned 1275cc A+ engine and cruises at 80 comfortably, gonna swap the 2.95:1 diff for a 3.44:1 diff for a bit more acceleration soon for a while, then upgrade to a 1.8 K series if I can find one cheap enough, mainly cos it's lIghter and far mor powerful....

robbie2red

Omg, your Blitz sounds emense. Gotta be honest I wish I had found this site before I found my buggy, would've done things a lot different, and cheaper! But hey, ho, we live and learn. My buggy's cost me a bomb! I'm disabled, and had to get all the work done by a local mechanic. I'm happy with it though ish... If I wanted a bit more out of my auto engine, would you recommend chipping it?

Buggybloke

You'd probably gain a bit more power, maybe 5-10% but at the expense of fuel economy, and maybe some reliability, I'm not totally well read on your engine, and it's reliability in standard form. More gains can be had from changes to camshaft timing, inlet and exhaust manifold design, similarly changes in air filter design will make a difference too. Add all these changes, including chipping/remapping and you may see 20 or even 30% increases.... But not without the inherent cost factor....there is really no substitute for cubic capacity.... Hence my choice of changing to the lightweight Rover K Series engine, all capacities of which, weigh at least a third of what a mini engine weighs.

robbie2red

Well I bought a traveller rri 1100cc (first mistake), my friend had one, and I fell in love with it. Well I bought one, I'm disabled and use push/pull hand controls on automatic cars. So I set about changing it to an auto. I aked the uk company that deal them what the engine or gearbox on the buggy was and explained, but they wouldn't give me any info. So, I bought a 1999 suzuki swift autobox with low miles and basically put as much of it in the buggy as possible. I had to have power steering after too as my arms are also affected, I used a corsa electric power steering column. It's all going pretty well at the moment (after a few problems), doing a few bits to it all the time. But mostly pleased. My mates got a 1.6 astra, done him off the gate the other day. I'm not a complete nutter, I'm quite happy with it now, but you always want more power/speed don't you? So do as above to speed it up is it? I'm not very mechanically minded anyway, but I have to get people to do it for me. Who would I get, any garage or...? And would it cost much? Many thanks for the advice...