wheels

ben waine

hi guys and galz on my buggy the wheels are higher than the little flanges around the most visible side on all of them and in the gallery urs are much smaller or am i worring bout shit[/quote]

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry Ben, I can't understand that post at all. Try again or add some photo's

Alan...

ben waine

on the mud guards an that black 1 in the courner u see the the mud guards on the very left side on the mudguard that little bit that goes over the wheel that like hugs the wheel the wheel near touches the top inside the mudguard are my wheels to big or am i not worring about nothing.

esdebe

Sorry Ben, (and before I satrt I know my posts are often full of spelling mistatkes and typos) But a little punctuation here and there makes it a lot easier to read.

I think from what you are saying you are describing the front wheel arches where there is a metal frame that the mudgard is bolted to. If this is the case teh arch moves with the wheel so even if there is little clearance you are OK (as long as there is some clearence)

If you are talking about the rear arches, these are fastned to the frame and the wheel will ground out on them if you don't give enougth clearence. If you want to have the rear arches sitting lower down (you may if you have smaller wheels) then you need to chop out some of the arch to give clearance for the top arm of the suspension to move without touching the wheel arch.
I hope this makes sence, and helps.

Simon

ben waine

thnx 4 the info dont think there is ayn need 4 changing wheels i no that your writing no that bad cause hardly any1 understands me

Phaeton

Staff member
Ben, If you look at these two images Rear & Front you will see there isn't a lot of clearance. This is with 15" rims running 185 tyres, there is no probem with the fronts & there has not been any problem with the rear running solo in tarmac, but I did warn Chris (FFTS) that he may have to alter the rears if it did cause problems.

Alan...

i am using 13" rims with elastic band tyres ( not sure of size) and i cut the arch hangers down to get them as close to the wheel as poss. i found at mini in the park that this was a mistake. i got that much mud stuck between the arch and the wheel ( which then dried during the day whilst the car was parked up) that when i was driving off the site, the build up of mud nearly ripped off the arch.

had to clear a lot out by hand to get the wheels to turn and then went for the manley approach of donning my helmet and just flooring the pedal. took alot of blows to the head when turning corners as the mud flew off in pieces the size of dishes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phaeton

Staff member
"ben waine"":1v59456n said:
k there nout rong but how u get them mud flaps on the front gard
They were just the cheapest ones in the motor factors £3.99 or £4.99 can't remember, They're the ones that have a long side which is supposed to go up the side of the body, all I did was fasten it with a couple of blind bolts & pussed the rest up inside the guard if that makes any sense. Can't find a better image.

Whilst searching for an image for you came across these Mini Cooper Mudflaps as I type these are £55 with reserve not met, FFS how much can a pair of mudflaps be worth?????

Alan...

iank

Hey those are originals with the rare 'Leyland' logo... :lol: bet they end up on a concourse trailer queen.

esdebe

I used the latter, although bigget then A3 (sparco ones) bought from Halfords for about £15 a pair to cover my side air intake as they were the same colour as my arches.

As for Mud flaps I bought some standard ones also from halfords for about £5 universal fit ones...

Simon