Search results

1. S

Buggy Technical Register?

Hi All, I'm not sure if this has been done before, but would it be a good idea to have a buggy owners technical register on here? It would be interesting to compare what engines, brakes, wheels, carbs, power, etc you guys run. We used to do it on the Smart Maniacs site for Smart cars, but the...
  2. S

Hello, I'm Back!

Hi All, After my sucessful MG engined Smart Fortwo last year, I'm looking to get muddy! I can't seem to find where to buy a new Freestyle road kit from and if there have been any chassis packs available for the Metro K series or diesel version? I'm looking to build a diesel for some serious...
  3. S

My Project Now Running!

Hi all, Now I know it's not a freestyle buggy, but it's a smart car with an A series in the back just the same. Have a look and let me know what you think? www.youtube.com/ferrina Cheers.
  4. S

Diesel Option?

Anyone building a Metro 115 based diesel engined buggy? You know, if it's not SVA'd and for off road use only, you can run it on red diesel legally! This is what I'm considering.
  5. S

Coolant Flow direction?

Can anyone clarify, the flow (when thermostat is open) comes out of the top hose to the rad and returns to the water pump? cheers.
  6. S

How About This...

...for a compact Exhaust system! Ok, it's no on a buggy, but if anyone wants good ground clearance or water clearance, then this is the way forward. Take a stock LCB, chop it back and turn the exits the other way, short flexi-pipe and "U" bend, followed by an RC40 back box. Photos on my...
  7. S

Gear Seletor Question

How do you reverse the gate and what's the best setup at the gearbox end to reverse the rod direction - I'm talking about making a bracket. Anyone got one or a drawing?
  8. S

Metro Bits

Have got a complete Metro GTa 1989 rolling shell for sale soon. Just taking the engine out in a couple of weeks time and a few other mechanical parts. It's got the MG turbo bodykit, cross spoke 13" alloys (x5) and the front disc assemblies. The loom is still intact along with the dash cluster...
  9. S

Hi All - What Do You guys Think?

Hi All, I was registered on here last year, but dropped out due to other commitments and a new direction in my car project. I was going to buy a Freestyle but decided that my soft spot for Smart cars and Mini's got the better of me!! So, against all things normal I've decided to merge the Smart...