15th / 16th Sept Donington

hmalan

Alan,

When I used to go the Donnington show years ago all the club stands were outside in the paddock and car park areas and those with non kit cars had to park back nearer the entrance.

I don't think its that long ago that they actually started letting you into the infield.

If Donnington 2005, last time I went, was anything to go by they will be able to fit all the cars in the paddock and have plenty of room to spare as it was very poor.

Alan T.

hmalan

For those that use the Pistonheads site there is a thread on there now about this, dont know how to post the link but its on Pistonheads - gassing station -kitcar section.

AdamW from Complete Kit Car that sponsors the show states that there will be no access to the infield and no private use of the track, but there will be access to the loop for some manufacturers

collie

Looks like I'll be able to make it to Donny on Sunday and I'm quite looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing your buggies, hope you don't mind but I'll be taking loads of pics and making loads of notes!

Mattblack or hmalan, if you're definitely coming I'd like to borrow your tool please! ooer :?

MattBlack

Yeah no sweat.. i'll find someway to get my tool down there.. It's not as though it's big or anything... even if i have to make Tracy hold it in her hands for the whole journey 8)

MattBlack

Slight Problem with that....

Just got my tool out while i was in the garage, to make sure it still works, and Tracy caught me struggling to put it away again. I showed her it, and told her she was gonna have to hold it for a couple of hours while we drive to Donnington and she went berserk! She said it's too dirty and I would have to put it in the box on her lap.

Anyway, we gave it a trial run in the buggy, and it turns out the the flaps on Tracy's box are a bit loose, so whenever we went quicker, my tool kept falling out onto her lap. Now she's fuming, cos the lubrication that i use to screw it in has left a big stain on her new skirt!

So i'm gonna have to strap it to something... any ideas?

iank

I've found the best way to stop a greasy tool causing problems is to slip it into a plastic bag.

collie

:lol: :lol: Oh my, that's just got to be the best laff I've had in ages!

No worries, if you decide not to bring it, that's not a problem, I'm not in a rush since I'm going to be working away for 2 weeks from Monday.

esdebe

OK, so i've had a few beers tonight, but reading Matt Blacks "tool" post have had me in stitches, it's as good at the "Janet and John" stories on Wogan on radio 2.

Keep up the good work

esdebe

Well, just got back quicker than I went... Although I wasn't sure if I was going to get back to start off with as I had really bad performance out of the engine (one of my HT leeds was not on it spark plug... Mush have come off when I was checking my oil level) And I also had a terible shake from the stearing wheel (this was due to me playing with the suspension settings and haveing one side set up completley diffrent to the other)

Thanks to Steve for stopping and helping me and also Dave for pulling over to make sure we got started again.

Some how I've managed to get a very sun burnt face, and I thought it may be from driving, but I don't have a big white patch from my goggles, so it must have been quite sunny at the show (Didn't notiice because of the wind, dust and ocasional cloud )

Steve

Glad to hear you got back OK, and that the trouble was so simple to repair.
Nice to see you all again, and look forward to the next one.

Cabriolet

Hey guys, Donny was wicked, even better for meeting you lot there.
Thanks for the beer, reheated sausages, general entertainment, midnight passenger rides in the freestyle, and thanks for letting me drive one round the grounds, I got an extra wristband for the privilege!

If it was not chucking it down when I got back home, I would have bolted my floor panels on, but you know me, any excuse!

Great weekend, see ya all at the next one!
John

collie

A big hello to everyone I met at Donny. :)
Had a great day and learned a lot!
Having looked round the event, there were loads of "Pretty" cars and even some I would be tempted to try to build, but none had the character of the Freestyle!
Can't wait to pick up my Chassis and get building!

Matts "Buttered" repair had to be one of the most amusing repairs I'd seen in a while. :lol:
Also thanks for the 'Tool' :!: I put it to good use when we got back!

MattBlack

I do find that if helps to rub a little knob of butter around the end when you're struggling to get it all the way in.

I think it would have been a bit easier if i could have got my fingers all the way round...

In the end, Alan finished the job off for me and all that was left for me to do was wipe the excess butter off... and she was purring like a good 'un again :roll:

esdebe

will the butter not cause furring of the fuel lines or is it fine if it is just part of a moderated diet (fuel intake).