Andy's Freestyle build

drew355

Here goes! Im used to doing builds for my replica projects over a period of years, but hopefully this one will be a bit quicker!!

Im actually building for a friend that I convinced to buy one after showing him pics & describing the test drive I had at ABS years and years ago. He did eventually buy one, half built it, lost interest & left it outside for the next 5 or so years half painted in the sea air. Not a good combination, but it has stood up rather well.

Here is the pics of it when I picked it up
Free2.jpg

Free3.jpg

The trailer was supposed to be road legal (it is what it has been sitting on for ages) but half way home it kind of started to fall apart. Not good, not clever & its going to the skip asap!! Thats what you get for picking something up in the dark & trusting a mate that it will be ok!  :mad:

Started the strip down
Free4.jpg

Thats my lambo in the background

Engine has seen better days, but 'apparantly' runs & cleaned up ok.
25072010852.jpg

Free5.jpg

Totaly stripped it down, back into kit form
Free8-1.jpg

Hmmm, some panels are a little thinner than they were intended!!
Free1.jpg

Cleaned and wire brushed all parts then repainted in hammerite
24072010835.jpg

Pedal box positioned to try and work out best location. This is quite important as im 6ft 5 and want to be able to drive it when its done!
24072010841.jpg

Started reassembly. Luckily I have the g/f as a helper! I have to help feed and sort out her 20 horses twice a day with her, so its only fair she helps me with my projects!
24072010833.jpg

I think she suits it!
26072010862.jpg

Fitted the engine & subframe back to the car last night, so this is as it stands!
26072010863.jpg