Been refused a SVA Test Not Amatuer Build

Phaeton

Staff member
RE: SVA APPLICATION-

CHASSIS NUMBER :
F2A02070000000199

We have received an SVA application together with a completed amateur built declaration and your supporting documentation. The technical officer has assessed your application and there is insufficient supporting documentation to process the application as an 'amateur built vehicle. Therefore there will be a delay in assessing your application as an 'amateur built' vehicle.

Please will you submit additional photocopies of the receipts for the major parts you purchased to build the vehicle as requested on the amateur built declaration to support your application as an amateur built vehicle.

Note: Photocopies must be endorsed "certified copies" and signed by applicat. The orginal receipts may be requested at a later date. VOSA are unable to process your application until satisfactory evidence of Amateur Build status (as defined in the Motor Vehicles (Approval) Regulations 2001), has been confirmed.

Yours sincerely

M.C.Budd

Mr Angry is in the house!!!!!!!!!!

Alan...

collie

Bl**dy pen pushers and Jobsworths!
If they actually worked with the kit car industry instead of against it, it would cost them and us a whole lot less money!

Mini Mad Max

Andy has a point,
bloody arses tryin to make a profit. The kit car testers should be kit car builders themselves and then it could be like the stone masons... do a funny handshake and whoopieeee i passed 1st time! lol
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
After speaking to them on the phone before Christmas they were claiming I hadn't sent them enough proof that it was an amateur build. Apparently there is an issue with some kitcar manufacturers building kits, then letting the buyer put them through SVA which is circumventing the regulations. Any how I sent them the V5C of the donor Metro & have just received it back today with a letter stating they had forwarded my paper to Nottingham to arrange for the test. So expecting a phone call next week to arrange a date, so no IVA for me  ;D ;D ;D ;D

With this in mind, anyone who is building really needs to keep a photo history & receipts for all the major parts.

Alan...

jason_l

Great news Alan!  ;D

We have been keeping a photo record of the build however our main parts, Chassis and most components where bought as a part built so we don't have any reciepts for these. not aure if this is going to be a problem??? Plus i got the seats for free  ;D

Jason :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Got the call today at 08:45 asking me if I wanted to take it in on Thursday for the test, I politely refused  ;D

Anyway it's now due February 2nd @ 08:30 4 weeks today  :eek: AND I'm away for 2 weekends between now & then

Alan...