Bit more ground clearance

Phaeton

Staff member
Does the messing with these Buggies ever stop, tried to reverse onto my drive the other night, the kerb isn't dropped at that point & it's a good sized kerb. Managed to put a big dent all along the length of my stainless pipe, I've known it was too low ever since I did it, but never got round to doing anything about it. Also saw at Newark how much lower it was, there was a risk I might have set the grass n fire if it had been a bit dryer.

So out came my favourite two tools, angry grinder & welder, took about 40mm out of the down pipe which has lifted the bottom pipe along with the silencer. Had to make a new bracket for the silencer & my only concern now is that the outlet looks a bit close to my arches, but we'll see.

Unfortunately don't have any proper 'befores' forgot to take any but these are the best I can find

And this is what it looks like now.

It's above the bottom of the engine so shuold be out of the way, if you look at the rear arche you can see it's gone up quite a bit.

Alan...

jason_l

Well done Alan, top work with a grinder as always!  ;D

Looks loads cleaner and like you say, now have loads more ground clearance.

Like you say does look quite close to the arch though  :eek: Might be a case of using the angle grinder one more time and nipping the ends of the exhaust off  ::)

I have yet to work out the routing of my exhaust but the downpipe is at the other side of the engine so may have to go under engine. Probably won't have as much ground clearance as this!

collie

Nice work Alan, Looks like you need a Pipe bender for those exhaust ends, or you could baloni the ends!?  :p