Bleeding Brakes....

Danny

Administrator
OK so today was a long day for me.... I have a bitch of a cold and did not fancy a day in a cold garage but with the aim to get the buggy ready for monday I  cracked on and got a lot done...

When it cam to bleeding the brakes I am struggling to get much of a pedal....

I have an Ezi bleed and started bleeding from the furthest away which in my case was drivers side rear... after going all the way round the car and putting about 2 litres of fluid through I dont really have much of a pedal....

I have not actually tested the brakes as I still have not started the buggy yet...

the pedal seems to travel a long way... or at least a lot further than it did before with the old Master Cylinder :-(

DO I need to prime the new Master cylinder?

Cheers

Danny

Laner

What you can do is to clamp all 4 brake pipes. This should give you a rock hard pedal with maybe a little play in the master cylinder linkage.

Then take each clamp off in turn and note how much the pedal drops or feels spongey.

Obviousley if one makes a huge diff. then that is the wheel where the fault lies.

Cheers, Rob.

Phaeton

Staff member
Like the logic Rob, but pretty sure Danny is running braided hoses. Must admit Danny I have a longer pedal than I would prefer, but when they do come on they do come on, but does take a little getting used to.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
hmmmm ok...... I am braided all the way round :)

I will see if I have any brakes on monday in my yard and if I do I will take it to my uncles for teh MOT and we can Pressure Bleed them and see if that helps :)

Cheers

Danny

esdebe

Priming the MC may help but with the EX Bleed you should have pushed any air out of it by now...  You have got your front calipers on the right way round with the bleed nipples at the top???  When I first built mine I put a whole 6L through before I worked out that was the problem and the symptoms sound the same...

Danny

Administrator
Brakes are better but still not perfect... going to run round in it for a while and then see :-|