Buggy Engine Problem? HELP!

y8ser

Hi all,im new to the forum and have signed up for some advice if possible.

My mate has got an off Road buggy 250cc
very similar to the one in the link.

For the past couple of years weve been having so much trouble with it.

let me explain... When we start the buggy it ticks over for around 10 seconds and then cuts out.
also when the pressure is applied on the accelorater it just completly dies?

some months it will kick up and run fine for about 5 minuites and then all of a sudden we will have the same issues? we have removed and checked exhaust, cleaned out fuel pipes etc.. but still the problem persits. i was just wondering if anyone has any other ideas? i must add the buggy has always been kept outside in all weathers which probably hasnt helped but everything is still in fair condition.

please could somebody get back to me with some advice as its really peeing us both off?

thanks. :-[ link below

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... 2kOIDrsJcE

wurzell

Similar Engine to some Lawnmowers?, so Carburettor Diaphragm probably split or punctured, unleaded fuels cause this all the time...

Mini Mad Max

Yeah an old mate had carb problems on an old quad bike, if not you could always take it out and upgrade to something with more go juice :D
Max

y8ser

Hi thanks for the reply guys, do you happen to know of any shops or online stores where i can purchase a new carb? and also further parts for buggies?

alternativly is there a particular part number or anything thanks.

y8ser

also is there a particular fuel that the buggie needs to be run on if unleaded fuel nakers the carb?

note: the engine is 4 stroke i think.

wurzell

First, confirm what size/make of Engine & size/type of Carburettor is being used on your Buggy, Diaphragm kits are easily & cheaply available for most, if not all Engines, try Ebay, etc or original manufacturer/importer.
Last time I changed my Lawnmower one, it cost me about £3.00!
Complete new Carb probably not required....
Only unleaded fuel available now, so your stuck with that, just keep an eye on that Diaphragm, it might need replacing once a year or so, as modern fuels seem to eat them really quickly....