Chassis Plates Groupbuy *NEW*

jason_l

Hi Everyone,

Looks like some people still might be interested in running another chassis plate group buy. Im happy to run it all and do all CAD work etc free of charge even though i don't actually need a chassis plate now  ;D

As before the more people interested the cheaper the plates will get!!!

Here is a picture of the first batch,

n587840472_5682569_9196.jpg

these are made from 0.375mm thick stainless steel and have the letters/numbers acid etched into them so they can't be tampered with!!! The come with two 3.5mm holes for you to rivet them to the buggy/car with.

Anyone want in????

1. Mini Mad Max F2A08060000000001
2. Wullie SABTVRO3722115388

Jason :)

Asbo

count me in too? number is SABTVRO3722115388

thanks.will forward beer tokens as requested. ;D

jason_l

HolyCount":2vno2hxr said:
Just a thought ...... do we now need new, re-designed, plates under IVA, with manufacturers details etc ?????

Better not  :eek: But if we do i can redesign them to incorporate all the stuff we need.

Phaeton

Staff member
Yep looks like they have to have Manufacturer, Weight as well as Chassis number on now.

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":16cw9rln said:
Yep looks like they have to have Manufacturer, Weight as well as Chassis number on now.

Alan...

Oh Bugger, looks like i will have to redo these then. That was a waste of money on the first lot then!

If people want them redone then we can sort something out and i can get a new batch made up, im not going to rush into anything as they may change their minds again :mad: When we know exactly what they need on them i can get a deisgn/quote done. Although if they need weight on them i won't be getting on made up for me until i have had mine weighed  ;)

jason_l

Hate to revive an old post but was easiest option.

Kev (Holycount) has sent me a message as he wants a chassis plate and gear position plate for his Trike project and im going to get a new chassis plate made for myself. I know the IVA regs have changed and from what i understand the VIN number needs 'STAMPING' to the chassis as well as a chassis plate that states VIN number and manufacturer on it. I have just looked through the section in IVA and i don't think the weight needs to be on there? is this correct?

Is there any others that want a VIN plate made up that meets the new regs? Will be in Stainless Steel like before and the more people that want them the cheaper the overall price will become! As before i will do the design/autoCAD work for free and people will only pay what it costs me, so there will be no mark up  ;D

Comments welcome :D

HolyCount

Thanks Jason. I will definitely be up for a plate and gear marker -- will get design / dimensions to you shortly.

HolyCount

The last lot worked out at just over £8 a plate ---- but it all depends on how many join the group buy ---- more that buy the cheaper it gets per plate as the set up charges get shared out.

jason_l

As Stated the more that want in the cheaper it gets, i can't get a quote until i have rough numbers. They will be slightly more than before as the new versions will be slightly larger with more info on them. Obviously if your car is already road registered then there is no point, but those coming up to IVA will need something like this to meet the regs.

Jason :D

HolyCount

Okie Dokie --- Plate number likely to be TA310120000001275  ( using the old "Freestyle" system of numbering).

As for the gear selector guide, That will need a bit more of your CAD skills to design. The Leyland layout is back to front :  PRN123D , so the strip will read from top to bottom (P being at the top). The slot that the gear shift moves up and down is 105mm from top to bottom, and there is another 30mm clear above, below, and to the left.

The stock legend had the P and R spaced on 16mm centres while the rest of the letters and numbers were on 13mm centres, and each letter or number was only 5mm high.

So 13 x 5 + 16 + 5 = 86  which is shorter than the slot, so could go larger on the letter size and increase the spacing very slightly and the legend would then line up better than stock ( or no worse )  and look a bit better.

My mate has suggested I could replace the PRN123D with strange alien hieroglyphs, that would be mildly amusing, so yes the gears are marked, but not with anything that anyone could ever decrypt !  How inventive can I get, or am I better sticking to the English Alphabet ?