Dizzy Cap to plugs

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

can some one tell me when I look at the dizzy cap which lead goes to which spark plug

As I am not 100% certain mine are right... I marked them up but changed leads.... doh!!

Cheers

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
Looking from inside the car back towards the engine, No1 (Rad end) should be roughly 2 o'clock, then going ANTI-clockwise No3, No4 & finalyy No2.

Alan...

esdebe

If it is not as Alan has stated, then you may find it is 180 degrees out, this can happen if the dizzy drive shaft has been removed at some point and put back in 180 degrees the wrong way round.

To check take the rocker cover back off, take the dizzy cover off put the car in 4th and move car until the exhause and inlet valves on No 4 are just rocking (oposite end to rad) this is close to TDC, at this point the arm on the dizzy should be pointing to 2 o'clock if its pointing to 8 oclock then the dizzy shaft is 180 degrees out. and you will need to either remove the dizzy and its drive shaft and thurn its drive shaft round by 180 degrees, or if your HT leeds are long enougth cable it with NO1 at 8 oclock, then going anti clockwise, NO4 No3 and finaly No2.

Simon

esdebe

No it was cos I had to get up early to get another flight... Went to Edniburugh for 3 days... Back now though

esdebe

that is the time of the post... I didn't get jet lag from a flight from scotland, that was a little trip to Jamaica to keep the wife happy so I can keep buying new toys for the garage and playing with the buggy.