Easy Electrics

ChaosMS

Danny,

This module will work like a charm for all your lighting /horn/indicators/fuel pump /ignition etc what it wont provide is the wiring for your ecu to the engine (so you will need to keep that bit), but you could wire the high voltage engine side into it, I have had to do the same thing, split the wiring loom so that i have all the wiring for the ecu and its power requirements (keeping the small fuse box that was under the bonnet that has the BIG fuses in) then powering this from the main fuse box and loom which is all new, that way you can strip out all the rubbish and start with a new loom that only has what you need in it and nothing else!!

It also means its a lot easier to track problems

One thing you might need to change on it is the relays if your going to use LED lights on the buggy - you need to switch to a timer relay for indicators etc rather than a load based / Normal one - but that's about it

This module would have saved me a lot of time if id seen it before i started building my custom one :)

Rich

Danny

Administrator
Hmmm i think i follow what you mean... i plan on keeping the engine loom for the mgf as is... then when i drop the back off the buggy this will be all part of it...

With thr led lights will it just be different relays or will it be different wiring altogether?

Thanks again... i better get saving :-/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Staff member
Waste of space if you ask me, Matt Black put one on his buggy, as long as you have the MGF fusebox that was under the drivers knees you already have one.

Alan...

ChaosMS

Alan,

Yeah - it depends if you have one I suppose and also what state its in - the problem I had with the Swift one was the totally manic wiring and the fact that most of the fuse box was wasted space - so I built a new one ;D plus it had loads of inline relays and fuses throughout the cabling so it was very difficult to get everything into the dash area without a lot of mess

Danny, all you need to change is the actual relay - just make sure it states its for LEDs

Rich

Danny

Administrator
I will have to have a look...

Alan... my electric skills are desperate :-/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mini Mad Max

I have one of them module things. I found it so simple and easy to hook everything up to :) I found mine on ebay at a fraction of the price of what they're charging now.
Max