Engine cover???

jason_l

Just a quick one,

Looking at engine covers for SVA, thinking about just doing the ol' mesh stuff over the engine area and cable tie to roll cage, however is there a certain type of mesh/net i should use??? I have access to some black woven net that is used for pigeon netting on buildings but not too certain if this is going to be ok.

I know its not allowed to come into contact with any hot parts of the engine and this stuff doesn't burn, just sort of melts  :eek: Will this be ok?

thanks people,

Jason :D

Phaeton

Staff member
I don't think you can get away with just a net, thats how they used to go through but pretty sure they tightened up & it had to be a proper cover. I can asked on Monday for you.

This was my last one which they failed as the edges were not 2.5mm you have to use 25x25 box to get that.So it had to be recovered for the retest.

Alan...

esdebe

A lot of SVA centres also complain about the use of "cable ties" for body pannels, my SVA man said they are called cable ties because they should only be used for cables, I said that mine were tie wraps, not cable ties and he let me off..  I did however use an aluminium mesh which I trimed with black trim.

Simon