Finally started the rebuild

jerry

Well i've only gone and started to do it!
Finally after four years I've started the Freestyle rebuild. Its not been used since the Exeter show in 2008 so the spiders have taken over-web heaven.
I intend to do a full overhaul of every last part, whilst spending absolutly nothing on it, bar re-powder coating and a head gasket.

Jerry

jerry

I'll be at stoneleigh, but doubtfull it will be in the buggy this year. Too many little jobs to do on it. Engine needs stripping as the rings are stuck. Started it once in the last four years but massive amounts of oily smoke out the back. Perfect oportunity to have a play and extract a few more reliable bhp from the sucker. Going to stick with the A series.

so far pulled the seats out and shot blasted the mounts, dismantled the hydraulic hand brake and freed it up and blasted that as well. Got a bag full of bits to take into work and shotblast tomorrow.

Plans are to completly strip the buggy, overhaul/modify every bit. re-powder coat everything, move the master cylinders to infront the bulkhead etc etc. Do i stick with the same colour scheme, or go mad?????

jerry

Buggy all rebuilt now. had its first test drive and i couldnt wipe the grin off my face. got to find time to mot the sucker and if all goes well might even get it up to stoneliegh.....