Fog light switch

edz27

Hi not been on for a while but not done anything with m8's buggy since he parked it in my yard last yr, but with all this sun he decided it was time to have ago at getting it ready for the iva test,first thing we did was get down to vosa at Notts and they put us in touch with a guy in Sheffield basically you pay him a fee and he gives your build the once over and makes you a to do list, ill start another thread on this in more detail with a run down on the list we've got
anyway we're trying to sort through the list on m8's buggy for the IVA test and Vosa keep upping the anti, A new problem that came into force Jan this yr is the fog light switch, the new rule is that when the fog light is switched on it must stay off when you return to your vehicle and switch ignition/headlights on, at the moment it has a on/off type switch so if the fogs are turned on and you leave the switch in the on position on leaving the vehicle, when you return and turn the headlights on you run the risk of unwittingly switching the fog lights back on, even with a warning lamp on the switch its still a failure
Ideas welcome

As for my Jago its now sporting a 2lt zetec running on a set of zx7r bike carbs must update that thread with pics as well and while im here is anyone going to Donninton this yr cheers

Phaeton

Staff member
There is a discussion Here but they are a little short on substance with the wiring diagram, if you need one I can probably work out what is needed & provide a diagram.

Alan...

edz27

If you can that would be great, all being well we'll the buggy in question is probally going to be at Donnington allbeit on the back of a trailer or a-frame

Lilspeed

This is the first I've heard of these new rules, and although it's not a difficult thing to wire up it's a bit of a ball-ache as I've just finished P-clipping and conduiting my wiring loom.

Does anyone know if VOSA posts notification when they make changes to the manual anywhere? I'm really not keen on the idea of periodically rereading 300 odd pages!

Phaeton

Staff member
There is a thread over on the Locost which I used to subscribe to, they have a lot more actively so somebody is always watching VOSA & put up the new version. Any revisions or changes are normally listed at the front.

Alan...

Lilspeed

Lilspeed":1n4epiih said:
This is the first I've heard of these new rules, and although it's not a difficult thing to wire up . . . . . .

I take that back, I'm having a nightmare ???

The way I was thinking, (latching relay powered by the sidelight circuit, controlled by a momentary push-to-make switch powered by the headlight circuit), is no good because the only way to turn off the foglight is to turn off the sidelights! Might have to have a separate 'off' switch (momentary push-to-break to break the latch) as well as the 'on' switch to make it work this way. :-\

edz27

Got it sorted at a cost
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-FOG-LIGH ... 58a32063e3

$T2eC16dHJIgFHSUuwBHtBS!jMrBqy!~~60_12.JPG