Freestyle Buggy Wanted

250buggys

Hello I am new to this site

Just wondered if anyone has a freestyle buggy they were selling in my area, based in Essex but could travel to collect

Hoping for a Road registered buggy, not too bothered about condition but V5 essential

I have been keeping an eye on ebay but nothing so far

Thanks
Chris

250buggys

Thanks Alan, looks heavily modified
I would prefer something a bit more like the original kit car under £1.5K

I wonder if DVLA could confirm how many Freestyle buggies are still on the road?

Phaeton

Staff member
Not sure about DVLA.

You may struggle for under £1500, there are not a lot of road registered ones & as SVA costs £500 plus retest fee of £150 (I think) & the basic kit used to cost £2000 then all the parts, only if somebody is desperate to move one on will they be that cheap. Last one that was sold was around £1800 I believe, which although I am biased is still too cheap.

But you never know, you may come across one which has been laid up for a while.

Alan...

250buggys

Hi Alan

Looking for something close to the 500kg weight stated, this should make it ideal for off roading as well as good road performance

I did see an incomplete kit come up on ebay, frame & plastics but no pedal box, that could be an option I suppose

Would the SVA test currently pass the Freestyle buggy on road under current rules/legislation? just wondering why they are not being built anymore? surely there is still some demand for these kits? is it down to red tape?

wally1

Hi there , I live just across the border in Suffolk and have a freestyle for sale , it was on eBay about a year ago but it never got close to the reserve it's fully road legal but after a year on sorn and half under a tarp it needs some work .looking for 1350 . If you want to have a look pm me to arrange. Regards Wal

Phaeton

Staff member
That is a Billy Bargain somebody should snap your hand off at that price

excuse my typing I am using Danny's spelling skills

250buggys

wally1":3srrbx94 said:
Hi there , I live just across the border in Suffolk and have a freestyle for sale , it was on eBay about a year ago but it never got close to the reserve it's fully road legal but after a year on sorn and half under a tarp it needs some work .looking for 1350 . If you want to have a look pm me to arrange. Regards Wal

Hi Wal
Thanks for your reply I am keen to come & have a look at your buggy but I cannot seem to private message you to arrange. Seem to be having problems with my PC. Can you PM me so I can then reply to you? hope that works to contact you
Thanks Chris

250buggys

wally1":2bspe7t9 said:

Hi Wally, PM working now- have just sent you a message
Thanks
Chris

250buggys

Missed out on Wally's Freestyle- someone beat me to it! - shame

If anyone else has one for sale please let me know