Headlight question. SVA approved?

choptopmin

Hi all, :D

Just a quick question concerning SVA approved headlights. Am collecting parts for upcoming buggy build but can anyone tell me whether any lights, e.g. 2CV lights from any production car will pass the test or do I need to buy a certain type of new/ unused unit?
What do all you guys use? :?

Cheers, Andy.

Phaeton

Staff member
"choptopmin"":2a2rwoo9 said:
Hi all, :D

Just a quick question concerning SVA approved headlights. Am collecting parts for upcoming buggy build but can anyone tell me whether any lights, e.g. 2CV lights from any production car will pass the test or do I need to buy a certain type of new/ unused unit?
What do all you guys use? :?

Cheers, Andy.

These are the ones most of us have used THESE with THESE However there are no rules to say you have to, the 2CV ones will be fine, should be E11 marked but I'm not sure on the 2 tests I've done that was checked. Just make that if the side light isn't included you add an external one.

Alan...

esdebe

Make sure that they deflect to the correct side, contenental lights will fail the SVA, and while they don't look for markings as such on the light units they will probably check yours if they are not 'E' marked, just because SVA centres are like that...

They will test the beams AIM / Direction and if they are not for use on UK roads they will fail it.

Simon

HolyCount

Just to revive this question ....... I have a couple of chrome shelled 7" lights ( E marked and such like), which are going a bit rusty .... plan A was to use these for SVA / IVA, then swap to smaller, neater, units. But will smaller units or projector lights pass IVA ?

HolyCount

Anyone ??  Have looked at the drafts -- but can't see any obvious limitations as long as beam pattern and markings are OK. But I am sure I saw somewhere that below 7" was dodgy  ???

Mini Mad Max

No i think you should be fine with smaller lights, as there is a dark green freestyle with small chrome headlights:
tt_Tillerton,Exeter%20Trial%202005%20002.jpg

I think that you should be fine with little ones, as the testers get loads of kit cars with different sized lights. I'm looking at buying some motorbike headlights for my buggy.
Hope this helped :D
Max

Edit: also found this one:
Tux-Freestyle.jpg