I wonder.....

BRUC3

This is completley theoretical now, but if the foot print was somewhere similar what do you think the chances are of sucessfully mounting something like this.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAMMIO-SPYDER-BOD ... 1284wt_942

onto a freestyle chassis?

If the sizes roughly matched up, the only problem I could imagine would be the engine as it seems to sit quite high!

I cam imagine that shell sat over a nice set of deep dish 13'' mini lights would look awesome! Especially if you had a turbo sat in the back!!!

I'd love to do something like this with my Freestyle, as I love working with fibreglass, but something tells me that the buggys so small I would struggle to find something with a similar foot print!!!

Phaeton

Staff member
About the same as me winning the lottery, bearing in mind I don't buy a ticket.

Alan...

HolyCount

Pity you didn't go for my far arse 'glass end  :-\

I like that sammio shell --- pop it on the herald chassis and away --- sort of

BRUC3

What part do you think is impossible Alan?

And HC, I already have the phat arse rear end!

It come with my kit, but its just so god damn ugly!!! lol

When it comes to it, in all honesty I will probably cut it up and design it to some sort of shape I like, but I was just curious to hear other people oppinions!

Phaeton

Staff member
Bruce,

Couple of reasons, length & width, guy I used to work for had & as far as I know still has a Herald, I used to park my buggy at the side of it they are completely different sizes. I just think by the time you have got it to fit & the money you would of spent you would have been better off starting with a Herald chassis. Also as it says if you start with a Herald there is no IVA.

Just my feelings, I'm happy to be wrong, I just know I wouldn't do it. I'd consider putting it on a Herald chassis, getting the re-registering done & then dropping a Japanese motor in, along with some stopping power, which the Herald does not have.

Alan...

BRUC3

Ahhh, yeah I was guessing the sizes would be completely different which is why it was all theoreticly speaking lol

I would love to do a Herald, but feel commited to the buggy now so maybe a few years down the line!!!