IVA petrol tank

Clubba

Hi . Am i right in thinking  that the IVA states that the petrol fillercap cannot be in the engine bay,so if i made  another compartment around the fire extinguisher tank I have , so the filler cap is protected and this not in the engine bay is I could get away with it? I dont mind being the first  to try  it for the IVA I just want my buggy on the road !!..

Clubba

Thanks Alan  I see you guys have done a lot of work on this. I cannot put a tank at the front so i am going to see if i can convert  the extinguisher at the back ..when i get chance..

Phaeton

Staff member
For what it's worth, I 'think' that if you bring a firewall up from the subframe on the drivers side & make a physical wall between the engine & the tank/extinguisher you stand a chance. One of the issues is that different IVA centres see the regulations differently. Not sure how far you are from yours, but it might be worth taking loads of pictures & then going in to see them to sak their opinion before you start. However be prepared to ge a 'Well can't really tell you until we see it' answer.

Alan...

joncarter

i have put 6l fire extinguisher inside 9 l extinguisher and made holes in bottom thort that would be a good idea and seprated from eng and passengers