Kit Fest July 19th

Phaeton

Staff member
Maybe we could do the Wales trip a week early & end up here

Alan...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
I need to checl dates for wales trip.... I may have to disapear on one of the days for a meeting with BG....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lilspeed

Just found this on the Castle Combe website;

PRESS RELEASE
Issued: Monday 9th June 2014 CASTLE COMBE KITFEST ACTION DAY CANCELLED
It is with great regret that Castle Combe Action Days LLP announces the cancellation of the ‘KitFest’ Action Day which was scheduled to be take place at Castle Combe Circuit on Saturday 19th July 2014. The event was a new venture for the Circuit and was adding a new dimension to its already successful stable of Action Days, many of which attract over 5000 visitors to the Circuit and hundreds to the track and have been running for over 25 years. Sales and Marketing Executive, Neil Thomas, confirmed: “It is a real disappointment to be cancelling what we were hoping was going to be a really successful event for the circuit. We had it on very good authority that a circuit based kit car event was exactly what the industry was after, giving the opportunity for kit car enthusiasts to gather plus traders and manufacturers to show off their latest products both off track and, more importantly, on track. “We have not taken the decision to cancel lightly and we are very much hoping to transfer some of the Owners Clubs and individuals who had confirmed attendance to the wellestablished Classic & Retro Action Day which is taking place on Saturday 28th June. Full refunds will be available for those who are unable to make the alternative date. “The reasons for the cancellation are multi-fold. We were intending that this event should meet the needs and expectations of the whole kit car community and include a strong manufacturer and trade presence, a strong ‘autojumble’ presence, track time, full evening entertainment, camping and more. Sadly there just hasn’t been the take up that we would have anticipated this close to the event date and therefore the difficult decision to cancel – rather than disappoint – has had to be made. “We will be contacting all clubs, individuals and traders who have pre-registered individually to ensure that they are aware of the cancellation and their options with regard to transfer to the Classic & Retro Action Day or full refund. If anyone does need to get in contact with the Circuit direct however, then please do contact us direct on 01249 782417 and we will deal with all enquiries individually.”

Phaeton

Staff member
There is an industry that is able to die? I thought it had already gone unless you make a Seven or Ferrari copy.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Yeah it's such a niche market! I bet only a handful of the companies that are in the manufacturers halls at Stoneleigh every year are actually commercially viable.