Limited Slip diffs

Mini Mad Max

Hi guys,
Does anyone have any experience of using limited slip diffs?
If so which one and set up do you find best for road and offroad. What are your experience of them and pro's and con's?
Thanks very much,
Max :D

Paul

I have used Jag ones on Cobra replicas in the past. In my opinion completely pointless on the road. For lightweight kitcars they need to be deregulated or they will be to harsh and on fast bumpy corners they can seriously effect the handling as they can suddenly grip mid corner. I personnaly would leave them for the race track and not waste my money on one for a road car.
Bear in mind this is just my opinion based on my personal experience with Cobra's but i will definitely not be fitting one to my buggy.

offroad 68

I would not bother, there are different kinds that work in different ways and if it is to tight it will make your buggy understeer, can be expensive also.
I would (and have) fit fiddle brakes, these give the driver loads more control over the buggy and if one driving wheel is spinning or off the ground you apply the brake to that wheel , if you are coming out of a corner and the inside wheel is spinning again apply the brake to the spinning wheel, it will also help you turn very tight, if you are going in to a spin you apply the inside brake and put the power on and it will pull you back.
They will take some getting used to but once mastered money well spent and a lot less money than LSD, both kinds :)

Mini Mad Max

Hi Thanks for your help.
  I was thinking that an lsd would help me off road, but i did consider fiddle brakes so i might do that and cut my hand brake in half lol. (not literally) ;D
The clutch kind (salisbury) are rather bighty and jurky, but if you guys have never tried one in a mini i might see what other reviews i could find because they would be really useful off road, but they are a bit of a nuesence on the track, but then you just change the diff ramp(?) more suited to tarmac and it bites less. So i might do this and put my money towards a lsd and not on a fancey paint job and pretty bits, lol.
Thanks anyway, if anyone else has experience of a lsd, please help :D
Max