LPG

Radar

forgive my question but......... errrrr why would they ???????? the freestyle uses an old ,old engine mini A series usually does pretty decent mpg (high 40s with my 1275 cc) even when tuned with stage 1 or two kits ...it weighs the same as a box of hankies wet and most owners use them for fun at weekends and for occassional meets at shows doing I would say maybe 1500 miles a year on average ......so I ask again why would anyone even consider LPG unless they were Lady GA GA s clothes designer (NUTS)

save the lpg conversion for a V8 rangies that weighs 2.5 tonnes and needs to tow it's own fuel tanker behind it as it goes up and down the motorway ....just my 2 cents ..

Radar

Baloo

why wouldent you more like, it will nealy half your fuel costs why would you not want to save money, still if you have money to burn
l have a blitz with an A seires engine that runs on lpg only and has done from new

Radar

with respect Baloo half your fuel costs or not( which is not the full picture ) it will actually COST you money to do.As an example the payback on a normal gas guzzzling car like a V8 landy etc is ridiculous something like 3-5 years and thats only if you do higher mileage say more than 25, 000 miles a year etc.Anyone who knows anything at all about LPG conversion (and can use a calculator )knows that there is a lot to consider in the WHOLE cost not just what you pay at the pump for the fuel ...put simply an lpg conversion on a freestyle doing the types of mileage we do has the same sort of time payback time as double glazing or solar panels i.e initial costs against saving payback of 18- 20 years if not longer ...........just my 2 cents based on some quick calculations

Radar

Radar

joncarter

i did course LPG CONVERSIONS and have lots of spare bits free to do it ,just wondered did not want to start a fight, also like the bloke said half price fuel is better than full price and i do know about lpg and 25p a ltr its a winner, a kit will only cost you about £300-£400 and cheaper if you pick parts up off ebay my last car fiesta 950 i could do 800miles £20 YES GA GA i am,,,,,

Buggybloke

so... can someone in the know about lpg, post up a list of bits to trawl off of eBay, ...maybe firstly for my stage 1 tuned A+ 1275 engine, and secondly for the 1.8 K Series MGF lump I plan on replacing it with? >:D