Metro calipers

CAW

Hi, Does anyone know If metro calipers fit or can be made to fit on to a mini hub, the disc thats on is around 8" dia, just did'nt come with calipers.

Been offered metro calipers

cheers

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
Andy do you know if the Metro ones are 2 or 4 pot ones, I 'think' 2's fit straight on, 4's do but need modification, Max will be along soon to put us both right.

Alan...

CAW

Hi Alan,

I hav'nt a clue, but I've just pm'd on SS the question to him, so see what Andy comes back with, ;)

Baloo

hello  folks

Andy l will dig the calipers out in a bit and have a look but l would expect them to be 2 pot,
heres a thought, with the buggy was another pair of hubs with vented discs and 4 pot calipers, cooper s ?
fit these on the front where most of your stopping is done and fit these metro ones on the rear,
will also have a rumage in the barn also might have some mgf  ones for the rear that way you will have a hand brake too

Andy (2)

CAW

Thanks Andy (2) lol.............how many names you got

Right will have a go at that, when I get there with the brakes, got the slitting discs ready for tomorrow, at least now I can blame you Andy (2) for the sides  ;) :D

Andy

Mini Mad Max

Phaeton":2kycnqv4 said:
Andy do you know if the Metro ones are 2 or 4 pot ones, I 'think' 2's fit straight on, 4's do but need modification, Max will be along soon to put us both right.

Alan...
Hahahaha, and here I am. Theere are two 2pot varieties, the ones that fit 8.4"discs you find on newer minis, and cooper s/1275gt ones that fit on 7.5" discs. I seem to recall a 7.9" disc size, but can't remember if that is just modern 4 pot kits to fit under 10" wheels. Standard 4pot calipers are from a metro and fit 8.5" vented discs. They do use the same hubs i think, so they should fit, but you will need the discs to go with them, not just the calipers.
Hope that helps, although i found all the above rather confusing :p
Max

CAW

Hi Max,

Confused.com here, thanks for the imput, It's all new to me, plus I hav'nt a clue what been used on the buggy, model of mini or year wise............all a learning curve,  :)

Andy