MOT

Asbo

lookin for info re mot of my 2002 reg'd buggy,on a 'B' plate.......does it need a 'cat' fitted.....mot guy said it did,but after mucho arguin the point,i convinced him it was excempt and left mot station with a years roadworthiness cert....RESULT!!!

Danny

Administrator
Mine didnt need one,

Mine didnt even need a mot for the first 3 years.....DVLA cock up

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
"Danny"":k2nls3qy said:
Mine didnt even need a mot for the first 3 years.....DVLA cock up
No they actually got it right, for a change, newly registered chassis on an age relateed registration doesn't need an MOT for 3 years.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
So if that is the case can I put a new registration plate on it? I have an M reg plate that would be perfect its a 95 reg

Cheers

Danny

esdebe

You can not change the registation for a year greater than the year that the current plate matches. If you have an existing plate is it registred as a "cherished number" if not you can't transfer it from one car to another anyway..

Phaeton

Staff member
"Danny"":2pk34gq0 said:
So if that is the case can I put a new registration plate on it? I have an M reg plate that would be perfect its a 95 reg

Cheers

Danny
You could! if you could prove that the chassis was new & that the rest of the items came from a donor car registered in '95. You of course would have to have another SVA & as the car would be post '93 it would have to have a cat fitted.

Alan...

esdebe

On the DVLA records there are about 4 or five diffrent dates stored, teh log book has only the one... (Date of first registartion) however when looking at the engine requirements for CAT the otehr dates are used, but it all depends on wether the DVLA did things right in the first place... In my case NOT....

Simon