New Gas Pedal

collie

Yet another question from me... :?
I've got to the stage where I'm ready to fit my Gas pedal, Dave didn't convert it, since I have a new pedal box. I just can't work out how and where to direct the cable?

esdebe

mine is bolted onto the front bulkhead, measure it up so that when it is flat the hole in the top of the pedal that the cable goes through is just at the top of the bulkhead just before the step down (looking at the bulk head you will know what I mean, drill a hole in the bulk head and run teh cable through it. (I used a mountain bike brake cable adjuster like you get on the handle bar end) this allowes the cable outer to stay in place and teh cable inner to run freely.

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
Just as Simon says I also used a mountain bike adjuster on the bulkhead to take up slack, it did take me two attempts to line it up properly. I also mounted the pedal on a piece of 25mm box to move the pedal more in-line with the brake & clutch. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the bulkhead but this one shows the pedal Click

I then swung it round & down the inside front bulkhead, along the floor & down the side of the gear selector. You can just see it in the middle of this picture going under an angled chequer plate guard Click Again. Not sure if there is a better route, but I did have a little trouble with getting the correct return tension on it.

Alan...

collie

Excellent advice chaps, I think I was heading that way just didn't know about it yet! :wink:
Will let you know how I get on routing the cable, but I think it'll go on hold till the engine is mounted, then I can better decide.
Cheers. :)

esdebe

In order to improve the return, I put a spring on the carb to pull the spindle back down, and attached the other end of the spring to the bar that runs between the two light pods on the back of the cage.

Without it I found that the engine would race on a little.

Simon