Part Built for sale.

Cooey

Hi All,

Well I have realised that moving to a new house with more space than I shake a stick at, but NO garage, (what was I thinking), was a good idea, but is not condusive to building/completing a kit car. :( :cry:

To that end I have decided with a sense of sadness that the buggy I started has to go to a better home. :cry:

The buggy was supplied by Dave to a Tech Colleage in Gloucestershire, but the students got as far as painting the chassie(badly) before the motor vehical section was closed down to make way for trainee hairdressers and artistic classes!!! so I took ownership. :wink:

But I digress. The current state of play is that the project is somewhere in the region of 60% complete and with the exception of the fiberglass panels and a wiring loom, I have virtually everything to complete. Including adapted brake back plates, rear bumper and a behind seat fuel tank all supplied by Dave. The wheels are brand new 13 X 7 Ultralites with 175 50 13 Yokohama tyres.

It has the old style pedal/master cylinder arrangement, but this could be changed as the pedal box has not been fitted as yet. :?

I have a complete set of brake parts to go on including drums, discs, shoes, pads, cylinders and springs. All the lights are inlcuded, dash lights(if I can find 'em), column switch for indicators. There is one seat, without a sub frame, a stainless fire extingisher to be converted to a fuel tank.

Way to much to list here.

I'm looking for £1000, bearing in mind that the wheels are worth almost half that amount.

Anyone needing photos or further details just mail me on
[email protected]

This will be going on ebay soon, but I thought I would offer to the enthusiasts first.

Many Thanks

Simon

Cooey

Hi Alan,

Engine and gearbox are fitted. But I'm afraid no paperwork.

The engine was one I picked up from a mate who had it sat in hs garage for ages.

All I know about the engine is that its a 998, or so he told me, and the head has had some work done. No Idea what. I only really had the motor off him to do the build. The plan was to fit a "proper" engine onced sva'd.

I can get some photos of the motor if you want them.

Cheers

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
Simon,

You have got me into so much grief, but I am still interested, would you upload all your pictures to photobucket or one of the other hosts, or send them to me at muddybuggies at phaeton dot plus dot com & I'll put them up.

Alan...

Cooey

Alan,

Oops my bad, don't want to get anyone into trouble. :D

I will get the photos uploaded late this afternoon or early evening tonight. They are on my machine at home and I can't access it from work.

Cheers

Simon

jason_l

Looks good simon, we would have bit your arm off to get this a couple of months ago but we have already bought a part built one for more than what you are asking. You will easily get what you are asking for our was in less built condition and did not have half the stuff yours has.

Good luck with the sale mate,

Jason :p

yorkshire

Hi there,

Having been to look at Simons buggy on Thursday it took all of five seconds to hand over the deposit. :lol:

I'm hopefully collecting it on Thursday and then going to store it in a mates garage for a few weeks before moving it to Telford when my carport / garage is finished.

Are there any buggy owners in Shropshire / West Midlands?

I will know doubt be a regular forum poster over the next few months.

Shaun

jason_l

Congratulations Shaun!

Me and a mate recently bought a part built and we are working on getting it SVA'd at the moment!

Good luck mate, got yourself a bargain there, we payed more than that and ours is in more of a state, partly as ours was built by convicted chav's...............but thats a whole different story :lol:

Phaeton

Staff member
Yep well done Shaun, If I had a bit more space I would have beaten you to it, you got a bargain. With the username Yorkshire, I thought you may have been able to join the northern (Sorry Tonka, Wulliecosse, you're northern/northern) crew. Pretty sure RichardG & MattG are in your areaish Gloucester way.

Alan...

esdebe

Don't forget you also have Steve he's based in Solihull. Myself and Danny are a bit further south in Northants / Milton Keynes.

yorkshire

Yeah I went to see Richard last year and had a ride in his buggy.

That sort of got me hooked, just didn't have the space last year to do anything.

I come from Barnsley although not lived there for ages now but still count myself as been Yorkshire.

I'm not sure what to do at the moment. Do I strip it back down and powder coat the chassis or get it through SVA?

jason_l

"yorkshire"":noblg1k0 said:
Yeah I went to see Richard last year and had a ride in his buggy.

That sort of got me hooked, just didn't have the space last year to do anything.

I come from Barnsley although not lived there for ages now but still count myself as been Yorkshire.

I'm not sure what to do at the moment. Do I strip it back down and powder coat the chassis or get it through SVA?

I would get it through sva as the law is changing next year (april) and i believe its going to be alot harder and more expensive to get it passed after that date. We where planning on taking ours back to frame but that is now getting done after sva, along with lots of custom stuff 8)

Steve

Are there any buggy owners in Shropshire / West Midlands?

Hi Shaun, I am based in the West Midlands. Not far from Birmingham Airport.
Get the S.V.A done first, you won't regret it.
Steve

yorkshire

After much head scratching and frustration I'm having to sell this part built again.

Due to digging up the mains cable and now part of next doors drains on the area I needed to put my concrete base for the garage on means a £4K bill to have them moved. :(

I will put some photos on photobucket over the next few days as there is loads of bits with the buggy.

cheers,

Shaun

Phaeton

Staff member
"yorkshire"":2vzcuqv7 said:
How much do you think the kit is worth if I sold it without the mini light wheels (they will be replaced buy some volvo or metro wheels) and fuel tank?

Well I'd give you £1.50, a couple of male ferrets & I think I may have an out of date Curly Wurly which I'll will throw in as well.

Alan....